🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Welcome to the Designers & Creatives group at...
Page options
d415060d
Community Member

Welcome to the Designers & Creatives group at Upwork!

This is a place for you to collaborate, share your knowledge, and talk about advances and trending topics in the industry. Please take some time to look around, get acquainted with some of your peers, and let us know how we can help. As you explore the group, be sure to read through the Community Group FAQ, designed to help you with your success and safety on the platform.

Remember, this is a community created by and for Upwork members, where you can ask questions, share experiences, and explore opportunities. If you have any questions feel free to start a new topic.

We’re excited to have you with us!

133 REPLIES 133
creative_icon
Community Member

Hi m uzma n m an illustrator here. How I can I join this creative group... 

my work

https://www.behance.net/uzmaghauri

I thin you`re in wrong planet I`ts upwork not nobchance

624f9df7
Community Member

Hello Bethany, I appreciate this group. Thanks for creating it

ffb9444c
Community Member

Thank you Bethany. 

I'm new to Upwork. I can listen to anyone who can give advice so I can get my first job. 

767d6e01
Community Member

Thank you  Bethany for the information.

f318fbc5
Community Member

Hy mam 

How can I start my work

Please help

a77b0fbd
Community Member

hello Bethany,

I want to ask if this group covers my expertise as a catenary designer on railways, if so, can it help me find suitable clients?

Hy
Yes off course
f318fbc5
Community Member

Hy Bethany

How get work

Please help me in work

boseranjan
Community Member

Great initiative for anyone freelance.

damirov
Community Member

Hi there!
Thank you, Bethany, for this thread.

I'll gladly share my experience with colleagues!

13fef931
Community Member

Hello Hello!

Good to read from you Ms Bethany, Am asuring that I will raise my hand here specially if there's any concerns from our clients, for us to be more realible platform of creatives! Happy creating! 

Vanj Simon 😃

1d140a1e
Community Member

Hello everyone!
Thank you, Bethany, for making this group

89b00035
Community Member

Hi Bethany

My name is Jennyfer, I'm from Venezuela and it's so nice to be here. I'm an Illustrator, passionate about the Caribbean, culture, languages art, and music. Also, I'm a new freelancer, eager to learn how to build a trusting community and how to get and maintain customers. 

a1e9c573
Community Member

Hey, As a newly registered member of this platform, I am eagerly anticipating the professional support and assistance that I can receive from you.

5dfbb62a
Community Member

Hello Bethany,

It's great to be here. I'm open to collaboration. Let's connect and work together. We are all brothers and sisters, let's help one another.

42ed89db
Community Member

Thank you for the opportunity to share my thoughts. As a newcomer to this platform, I have utilized all of my available connections and no job. I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide me with valuable tips or advice to help me secure my first job here.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

0f94c6d9
Community Member

Yes I am very happy with joining your 

Start by writing your own presentation and not copying another freelancer's. This is very wrong, it is the theft of someone else's work.
The title is not right either.
A couple of links to get you started. Read everything, links included:
- https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/To-all-freelancers-looking-for-help/m-p/1222058#M731117
- https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

8c8762c0
Community Member

Hello team, 

Hope everyone is doing great!

Anyone looking for a collaboration with a professional website designer? 

Here's my profile https://www.upwork.com/fl/~01cbf21204b61f49e0

Thank you 🙂

essalmytarik
Community Member

Hi guys, hope everyone is doing well.

It's amazing, I'm excited to make connections and explore opportunities.

Good luck to everyone 

It's great to hear from you and sense your enthusiasm. Welcome to the community! Making connections and exploring opportunities is truly one of the highlights here. Wishing you all the best in your endeavors,

1de2a703
Community Member

Is there any architect or interior designer here?

Hello, my name is Marquerett van Dijk and I’m a SACAP registered Architectural Technologist with more than 25 years of practical experience.
Is there anything I can assist you with ?
1de2a703
Community Member

I'm a professional graphic designer, Content writer, Translator, amazon infographics, and Lead Generation expert. Do you need any service so contact me.
0f84c0e2
Community Member

Thanks for creating it

essalmytarik
Community Member

Thank you

580eab9b
Community Member

Hello, 

My JSS is not moving eventhough I finished two projects successfully with 5 stars feedback. I checked the JSS today, and it is updated but the score does not change. Please help🙏!

Do not despair. When JSS goes down, it goes down fast, but recovering it costs more, a lot more.
So keep doing good jobs and little by little it will rise. There are people who have recovered from much lower JSS.
Maybe look for some small jobs that you can do excellently and in a short time so that they add up for the next review.
Also note that JSS, among other things, is weighted by the price of the job. So, perhaps, the one you have at 4.20 *, being the most expensive of all, made it go down quite a bit. But I'm not sure about this.
Keep doing well and it will go up.

Hello Maria,

Thank you for the explanation.

I will do my best.

Thanks again 🙂

Firstly, congratulations on successfully completing two projects with 5-star feedback. That's great!

Regarding your JSS, it's important to understand that while positive feedback is a significant factor, the JSS calculation takes into account multiple elements. This includes public and private feedback from clients, long-term relationships with clients, contracts without feedback, and more.

The Upwork system takes snapshots of your 3-, 6-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculates a score for each. The best score out of these moving time windows is your JSS.

Four different Job Success Scores are calculated every two weeks:

- Your average JSS during the past 24 months
- Your average JSS during the past 12 months
- Your average JSS during the past 6 months
- And your Trending JSS or Recent JSS, which Upwork calculates by adding your average JSS for the past 6 months with your average JSS for the past 3 months, then dividing it in half.

Note that any movement in this score (either up or down) reflects both recent activity and activity over a longer period of time (up to 24 months).

If you genuinely believe there's an error in your JSS, I'd recommend reaching out to Upwork's support team. They can provide a more detailed insight or clarification regarding any potential issues.

Best wishes!

Hello RAJA K,

Thank you for your explanation. 

I want to say I got 5 stars for more than 2 projects and you can check my profile.

Otherwise, I have already contacted the support and I will take care to pick up the Ongoing project to improve my rank.

Thank you!

Ms. Abeer, the following is the JSS calculation done according to your projects completed so far.

- 29.65/30 (6 Projects) = 98.8% (Last 3 months)
- 33.85/35 (7 Projects) = 96.7% (Last 6 months)
- 68.65/70 (15 Projects but 1 Project ended without feedback) = 98% (Last 12 months) - This % might vary due to a no-feedback project.
- 72.45/75 (16 Projects but 1 Project ended without feedback) = 96.6 (Last 24 months) - This % might vary due to a no-feedback project.

A project completed with no feedback can affect your JSS. While positive feedback can help increase your JSS, contracts that end without any feedback, especially if there's a pattern of contracts without feedback, can potentially have a negative impact.

It's worth noting that both public feedback (the visible stars and comments) and private feedback (a client's private ratings of a freelancer) play a role in the JSS calculation. Even if a client leaves positive public feedback, if their private feedback is less positive, it can impact the JSS.

If you have contracts ending without feedback, it might be a good practice to remind clients politely to leave feedback upon contract completion, as it helps you to understand your performance and can influence your future opportunities on this platform. 

I believe that in the next update, or perhaps after a couple of updates, your JSS will change. This is because your lowest-rated project will no longer fall within the 6-month window. If you still encounter an issue, I recommend contacting the support team with your JSS calculations to get their insights.

hi, thank you for informing me.

You're welcome, Ms. Amisha! Have a great day!

Thank you for your help 🙂

You're welcome, Ms. Abeer! Have a great day!

🙂

Hi Thanks Kudos
<>
🙂

- No-feedback contracts do not affect JSS as long as the customer has not left private negative feedback.
- Public feedback (stars and reviews) is hardly relevant, to say the least, for the JSS calculation.
- Jobs with higher profits, and their feedback, have more weight than those with lower profits.