Did you mean: 

0% fee 'Bring your own client'

Julyn A Member Since: Jun 25, 2015
71 of 254

The 20% fee is still applied. I'm losing my trust on Upwork

72 of 254

Hi 

Upwork is still charging me 20% fee. I'm losing my trust on Upwork. What do we need to do then? Is Upwork taking advantage of me? I am very disappointed. 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
73 of 254

Hi Julyn,

0% fee has been applied to your contract with this client. Please, refer to the message our agent sent you via the support ticket for more details.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
74 of 254

Hi Valeria,

Everything looks good now! Thank you so much! I was a little disappointed with the previous agent (phone support) that I contacted last time, giving me an inappropriate solution. He was asking me to advise my client to deactivate her account and call support to remove her email, then signup again. It will definitely piss off the client. I hope they will give sensible advice/solution next time. 

Again, Thank you very much and have a good one!

Best,

Jules

Andrei B Member Since: Oct 19, 2015
75 of 254

Does this apply only to new upwork clients? What if they already are members of upwork?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
76 of 254

Hi Andrei, 

The offer is for new clients only, which is a program open to Top Rated Freelancers. While we currently do not have plans to roll the program out to additional freelancers yet, we are trying to find ways to do this in the future and will notify the community if it is available.

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
77 of 254

This seems like a dumb question, but if a client is new to me, and to Upwork, but was referred to me by another Upwork client, can I bring them on for free? Or is that a violation of the TOS?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
78 of 254

Kelly,

Yes, you can invite the new client using the personal invitation link you received via email even if they were referred to you by another client you worked with.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Syed Q Member Since: Jan 4, 2017
79 of 254

How can I get access to the invitation link to send to clients?

I am a top rated freelancer. I received an email about the 0% fee, but it was a webinar sign up.

Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
80 of 254

My link isn't working. It just takes me to the "find jobs" page on Upwork. I cleared my cache and my cookies.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS