🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » 16 connects for an obvios spam / scam job.
Page options
ccccd6e0
Community Member

16 connects for an obvios spam / scam job.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

This is an obvious spam job, always this link is a file asking to reach out via telegram. Instead, block this recurrent spam. And asking now for 16 connects. I just for a few months in the platform, but I know for sure is a scam. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unfortunately, doing so seems to have absolutely no effect, it might, if you're lucky, result in that particular job being removed, eventually, but there will be 20 others appearing in its place within minutes. I flag at least 20-30 jobs per week, taking my time and effort to do UpWork's job, a service I'm also paying for, so I'm paying UpWork and at the same time doing their job for them, let that sink in for a moment.

UpWork needs to do more to prevent them in the first place, but it's not in their interest to do so, especially at 16 connects per, so they won't.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amit-benzatine
Community Member

Hello Diana,
When you find any scam or inappropriate jobs, you should flag (flag as inappropriate) that job to report that client and Upwork will look into that job post. 

There are high number of scam jobs so this is the only option we can use, we don't have any other options...

Unfortunately, doing so seems to have absolutely no effect, it might, if you're lucky, result in that particular job being removed, eventually, but there will be 20 others appearing in its place within minutes. I flag at least 20-30 jobs per week, taking my time and effort to do UpWork's job, a service I'm also paying for, so I'm paying UpWork and at the same time doing their job for them, let that sink in for a moment.

UpWork needs to do more to prevent them in the first place, but it's not in their interest to do so, especially at 16 connects per, so they won't.

luce-neidert
Community Member

Amit is right, you should flag this job. Not only because it is a scam but because it gives contact information, which is not allowed.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members