🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: $2M Earned on Upwork. I would love to HEL...
Page options
virtualbrix
Community Member

$2M Earned on Upwork. I would love to HELP!

Hey Everyone,

I posted this in the newbie group. I can answer newbie questions there,

I can help answer more advanced questions here, I would love to help my fellow freelancers : )

I have been on upwork for 12 years now (previously elance),

I have been on the forums for a couple years but never really participated much,

I figured, what better way than to help others, ask away, some stats below (you can also click to see my profile)

👉 Earned $2 Million+ on Upwork.
👉 Completed 400+ jobs on freelance platforms.
👉 Attained 200+ 5-star reviews.
👉 Worked 40,000+ hours on freelance platforms
👉 Earned a 100% Feedback Rating
👉 Worked with 1,000+ Clients

Thank You - Sam

2,248 REPLIES 2,248
c109288b
Community Member

Hello, sir.

You have achieved wonderful success here and also you are really kind.

I also love this platform and I respect you, sir.

Thank you for helping us.

Sincerely.

Dmytro.

Hey Dmytro,

My pleasure I am always here to help!

5475e7fc
Community Member

Dear Samer:

I hope you feel well

Please can you review my profile ?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/illiaceziguime

Best Regards.

Hey ILLIACE.

I will have a look in the next couple days.

Okay, Thank you

virtualbrix
Community Member

I will reply to the others later today

hashmizaid
Community Member

Hi Samer, I wish you well. Can you review my profile? I am unable to get enough clients on Upwork to sustain this business. Is there something wrong with my profile? Should I tweak something? Let me know thanks!

virtualbrix
Community Member

Hey Zaid,

I will have a look and get back to you.

Dear Samer:

Your input in improving the profile is valuable .. Kindly.

Sounds Good

Thanks!

No worries.

13f7da15
Community Member

Hello Samer,

I am a newbie here, and as soon as clik this community page, I am happy to see this helpful post of yours but it's of last year. Hope you are still on this helping mode for newbies like me?

First, delete your email address from the presentation, it is not allowed. And in case you don't know, you can't communicate outside of Upwork until you have a contract.

Regarding your presentation, it is the typical wall of dense and boring AI text, because it is AI, right?
If I were a customer, when I opened your profile, I would back out and move on to the next one.
I don't know about your specialty, so I can tell you little beyond that you use the first two lines to get the customer's attention and open your profile. Regarding the subsequent wall of text, tell the client what you can do for them, with your words, avoiding the "I" and using the "You" more.

I hope someone else gives you their opinion.
Luck!

What email address, where did you see it? Obviously, I am aware of Upwork's communication policy.

No, my profile overview is not AI generated. I did try Grammarly AI to improve my existing text but it wasn't making much sense so I completely avoided it. But while refining this overview I took some inspiration from the tips Grammarly AI was giving - like what points should be added - that's it!

But I understand it might sound a little robotic or unnatural that would turn clients away.

I will try reducing the text and will make it more direct and client-centric. Thanks for your valuable feedback, Maria!

If you notice, I'm replying to Gemma C 🙄

Oops! I didn't see that, my bad! 🙏

😆

Inteligent Answer! 😀

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your reply and advised. I took out now my email address on my overview profile, didn't know that it is not allowed. As I open my account here on Upwork, it ask me if I want LinkedIn profile copied to here, and I just clik yes, as I didn't know how it is here yet. My more than 2 decades of work experienced has been in Management and Administrative, unlike your skill that is very specific, so yes I used AI's help to comprise all the skills and experiences that I have. I didn't know that using AI's is being looked down upon in your opinion, when other HR expert had advise otherwise.

If you didn't, then I'm afraid you haven't read the TOS, correct?
And regarding AI, you decide if you use it or not, but you will be one more of the "long", "cumbersome" and "boring" profiles that customers have to read. And the same goes for proposals.

I leave you a couple of posts that may come in handy:
- https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/To-all-freelancers-looking-for-help/m-p/1230482#M734358

- https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

Thanks Maria  for taking the time on me, appreciating you more with your no nonsense advise.

I will comeback to the link post you shared, looks like I'll be in a long haul, reading courses for beginners here in UpWork, understanding how the platform works,  Terms of Service ,-(by the way is this the TOS you were asking me about?), before I can package my skills for a service offering, and redo my profile overview.

And for sure I'll be coming back for more of your advise or answers to my doubts and questions I may not find or not able to find here on the platform. Thanks again Maria, hope you will accept that you are now my UpWork helpline, Please 🙊😊

Hey, I don't know all the answers!!
But of course, where I can help, I'll be happy to 😁

You are AWESOME

Thank you 🤗

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members