🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » $2M Earned on Upwork. I would love to HELP!
Page options
virtualbrix
Community Member

$2M Earned on Upwork. I would love to HELP!

Hey Everyone,

I posted this in the newbie group. I can answer newbie questions there,

I can help answer more advanced questions here, I would love to help my fellow freelancers : )

I have been on upwork for 12 years now (previously elance),

I have been on the forums for a couple years but never really participated much,

I figured, what better way than to help others, ask away, some stats below (you can also click to see my profile)

👉 Earned $2 Million+ on Upwork.
👉 Completed 400+ jobs on freelance platforms.
👉 Attained 200+ 5-star reviews.
👉 Worked 40,000+ hours on freelance platforms
👉 Earned a 100% Feedback Rating
👉 Worked with 1,000+ Clients

Thank You - Sam

2,250 REPLIES 2,250

Hello Maria,

Would be so kind to check my profile? I have just finish revising it. Thanks.

Hello Maria,

Would be so kind to check my profile? I have just finish revising it. Thanks.

Hey Gemma, looks like Maria has done a great job helping and answering. Let me know if I can help further

Indeed Samer, and I keep looking back actually to browse all the links that she had shared. I had actually now revised my Profile, would you be so kind to check and advise/feedback?

9b7c74c6
Community Member

Samer B wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I posted this in the newbie group. I can answer newbie questions there,

I can help answer more advanced questions here, I would love to help my fellow freelancers : )

I have been on upwork for 12 years now (previously elance),

I have been on the forums for a couple years but never really participated much,

I figured, what better way than to help others, ask away, some stats below (you can also click to see my profile)

👉Earned $2 Million+ on Upwork.
👉Completed 400+ jobs on freelance platforms.
👉Attained 200+ 5-star reviews.
👉Worked 40,000+ hours on freelance platforms
👉Earned a 100% Feedback Rating
👉Worked with 1,000+ Clients

•  

Thank You - Samer B

Hey sir, I'm just beginner here and I want to earn money.. can you help me please

I think what you have to do is finish your studies, specialize in something and then come back.
If you don't have a specialty where you can generate quality work, you won't get anything here (maybe get ripped off).
You are not going to get rich, in fact, in order to find a job you will have to spend money.
I'm sorry, but this doesn't work as you think.

Dear Maria,

I greatly appreciate your valuable input. While I acknowledge that my perspective might be limited, I believe that Shubham, as a newcomer, has the potential to bring fresh ideas to the platform. Let's encourage him to follow in the footsteps of someone like Samer, who was once new as well. It's important to remember that every new individual starts from the basics, and through perseverance, they can make significant strides.

Reflecting on my own journey since joining last year, Samer's encouragement and support motivated me to strive for new achievements. Your insights are truly invaluable and contribute to the positive atmosphere of our community.

Thank you once again for your thoughtful input.

Warm regards,

Before you throw this AI text at me, have you bothered to look at Shubham's profile?
Upwork is filling up with profiles that are nothing and no matter how much we encourage them, they will continue to be nothing because they have nothing to contribute.
Would you rather we pat them on the back by making them think they can get a job and have them waste their money on connects for nothing in the meantime?
Think a little before throwing in my face that I don't support the new ones.
I spend my time looking at profiles and advising newbies, but there are cases in which there is nothing to do.

Sorry but people think there's this magical shortcut to make fast and easy money, no one wants to hear the truth. 

There are also people that might want to build an extensive database of people eager to make money and perhaps sell them something cheap at some point, which they will buy in desperation to have a better life. 

Just a thought. 

Its a LOT of hard work, consistent, no shortcuts. I have been doing this for 20 Years now

Dear Samer:

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to take a moment to express my heartfelt gratitude for the motivation and support you've been providing to newcomers like myself. Your guidance has truly been invaluable, and I wanted to share a glimpse of my journey and progress since joining the professional world.

Reflecting on my own experience, I recall dedicating around a year to secure my very first job. The day I received that offer remains etched in my memory as an incredibly enjoyable and rewarding moment. Since then, I've been fully immersed in my role, constantly seeking avenues for growth and development.

Every day presents an opportunity to refine my skill set and broaden my professional profile. I'm dedicated to a continuous learning mindset, constantly pushing my boundaries and exploring new areas of knowledge. It's exciting to see how far I've come and to envision the heights I can still reach.

I've also taken proactive steps to expand my horizons and open doors to more opportunities. I'm investing time and effort into various platforms, with the aim of securing additional projects and fostering meaningful connections within the industry.

I wanted to take a special moment to express my gratitude to Samer, who generously shared essential insights that led me to securing a job with a substantial $1500 compensation. I can't help but feel immensely grateful for his guidance and support throughout this journey. Alhamdulillah, I'm humbled by the progress I've made and the achievements I've unlocked so far.

Once again, thank you for your motivational words and the nurturing environment you provide to newcomers. Your impact on our journeys cannot be overstated, and I look forward to continuing to learn, grow, and contribute to the professional community.

Warm regards,

Regards.

Hey Faraz,

I am happy that it worked out for you, feel free to ask any questions always!

Hi Miriam O: 

Here's a simpler version of the reply that kids can easily understand: You're right. Sometimes, people want to find a super quick way to get lots of money without working hard. But the truth is, success usually needs a lot of effort and time.

Also, there are some people who might want to collect a big list of people who really want to make money. They could try to sell them something not so good when they're feeling really desperate to have a better life. It's important to be careful and not fall for things that sound too good to be true.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It reminds us that it's smart to be careful and make good choices in a world where things can seem tricky sometimes.

its all hard work, nothing is easy but you have to keep trying.

WOW! 

Why are people acting like this nowadays 😮 

Hm

What do you mean specifically?

Same here,  ?

Dear Nenad:

What do you want to say ?

Can you explain ?

I think I replied to the wrong post. I am sorry.

No worries

I am sorry to say this but mam no one wants to do job's in this age but their situation makes them do it... I faced a lot of things in my life and now I want to live happily... That's why I want to do job... And that's why I told sir that will you help me... 

Focus on your skills, learn, read and than builld a strong profile, start small and scale up from there.

Dear Shubham,

Welcome to the freelance platform! I appreciate your presence here. After reviewing your profile, I've noticed that it has limited information. To make it more effective, I suggest adding more details and ensuring consistency throughout. I'm here to assist you in any way I can.

Additionally, take a look at Samer's profile, as it can offer valuable insights for setting your milestones appropriately. Feel free to browse my profile as well for further guidance.

Best regards,

I will have a look at your profile this week.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members