🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Academic writing Skill
Page options
c36fb8ba
Community Member

Academic writing Skill

Hello Everyone!

hope you all are doing  perfect.

I have a question, can I offer the services like academic writing, assignment writing and content writing at upwork, are these legel and according to upwork terms and policies. Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
researchediting
Community Member

No. You appear to be asking about academic fraud.

There is some degree of latitude when established professionals publish. There is none when it comes to writing for academic credit.

Yes 

I need sir

celgins
Community Member

You cannot offer to complete academic writing assignments for students or plagiarize other written works. Meaning, you cannot write for them or help them cheat. Upwork defines it this way:

Academic cheating. Providing work for a student to submit under their own name for credit or taking a test on behalf of a student. Proofreading, conducting research, and tutoring are not considered academic cheating and are permitted on Upwork.

These days, content writing is mostly about writing digital, web-based content like blogs, social media ads, email campaigns, landing pages, etc. Upwork considers these as a form of ghostwriting. This is completely different from the acacemic writing you are referring to.

Ghostwriting simply means writing content that will be attributed to someone else. It can be nearly any type of content, and all of the types of content you referenced above can be done on a ghostwriting basis or not.

virtualbrix
Community Member

That is definitely not a good idea!

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I have a question, can I offer the services like academic writing, assignment writing and content writing at upwork, are these legel and according to upwork terms and policies."

Some of these things are totally fine. Some of these things are not.

My advice to you is to do further research on these topics. Do a search in the Community Forum and read relevant threads. This will help you to gain a better understanding.

Preston H wrote:

My advice to you is to do further research on these topics. Do a search in the Community Forum and read relevant threads. This will help you to gain a better understanding.

Would you care to explain how the answers given by Douglas Michael and Clark in this thread are incorrect or incomplete? That might help the OP recognize a definitive answer when she sees one.

Yes

I need

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members