Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Portfolio Project to General Profile

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
61 of 72

Hi Dogan, 

I checked your profile and I see four contracts under your Work History in your Copywriting profile. Could you please send a screengrab of what you're seeing in your account so that I can look into this further?

I'm also sorry to know that adding portfolio items to your account has inconvenienced you. While your feedback is being considered, the process will remain as it is now for the time being. Please refer to the information we shared on the second thread and in the announcement post for more details.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
62 of 72

Avery O wrote:

Could you please send a screengrab of what you're seeing

You can see it for yourself: If you go to his specialized profile, it shows all 4 jobs in the work history, but says "2" for "Jobs"

2 jobs.jpg

Highlighted
Debdutta N Member Since: Nov 28, 2016
63 of 72

Not able to add portfolio project based on my skills in my general profile.

Whenever I am adding a portfolio item it always referring to any one of the specialized profile but I want to add portfolio only for my general profile.

Further the problem is when "skill" section is coming, it is automatically showing skills only from that specialized profile but not from my general profile.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
64 of 72

Hi Debdutta,

Once the portfolio items are posted, you can go to the Portfolio section of your Specialized Profile and edit this section. From there, you can deselect the portfolio item so that it only shows in the General profile.  If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Debdutta N Member Since: Nov 28, 2016
65 of 72
Thanks for the response. I knew this. But my problem is related to the
skill tags of the portfolio project.

I want to add a skill tag which is present in my general profile not any in
any of the specialized profiles.

Upwork only allows me to add a skill tag that is in specialized profiles
not from general profile.
Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
66 of 72

Hi Debdutta,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Our product team is constantly working on improving the Specialized profiles feature. It's by design that a freelancer won't be able to upload a new portfolio item without selecting a related Specialized profile. However, if you don't want a portfolio item to show on a Specialized profile, you can go to that profile's portfolio section, select the pencil icon in the upper right corner and then un-select that item from the list. This will remove that item only from that Specialized profile but not from the General one.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
67 of 72

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Debdutta,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Our product team is constantly working on improving the Specialized profiles feature. It's by design that a freelancer won't be able to upload a new portfolio item without selecting a related Specialized profile. However, if you don't want a portfolio item to show on a Specialized profile, you can go to that profile's portfolio section, select the pencil icon in the upper right corner and then un-select that item from the list. This will remove that item only from that Specialized profile but not from the General one.

That's not the question, Vladimir. The problem raised is larger than shuffling portfolio pieces back and forth between profiles. Upwork appears to have multiple unintegrated skill lists that are available on some places on the site but not others. This arises as an element of chaos in multiple contexts. In the specific example given, as Upwork forces us willy-nilly to create specialized profiles, it does not allow us to carry with us the skill tags proper to the work we have done. It's not great when we're hamstrung in marketing, and likely in search, because Upwork can't be consistent in how it gives us and our clients access to descriptions of the work we do.

Highlighted
68 of 72

Douglas, thank you for pointing this out. 

Debdutta, could you please confirm what skill tag, and portfolio item you were having issues with so that we can look into this further? 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Milan K Member Since: Aug 7, 2018
69 of 72

You are right Dogulas. This issues was raised since June 2019, it's been 11 months and still Upwork couldn't fix it. So many users are facing problem with it.

Even though we uncheck a portfolio from the specialize profile still on the general profile it shows the unchecked specialized profile under project description on clicking the portfolio (on the pop-up). For the time being atleast remove the unchecked specialized profile on the pop-up.

NOW UPWORK SHOULD FIX IT.

Highlighted
70 of 72

Hi Milan, 

I'm sorry for the delay as I had to look into this further. 

Were you referring to this portfolio item? I'll go ahead and forward this to the team so that they can look into this further. 

Portfolio.png

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS