🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Auto refund
Page options
shayanmustafa19
Community Member

Auto refund

Hello everyone,
I just got a notification from Upwork that I have refunded some amount to the client. Meanwhile I didn't refund anything. Can someone please explain how is this auto refund thing happened?
Thank you. 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shayan,

Unfortunately, when the client fails to pay for hours logged by the freelancer, any hours that aren't covered by Upwork Hourly Protection may be reversed.

Our team will be reaching out to you directly via email with more information about your specific account.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks for the reply.
According to my understanding using the time tracker gives you hourly payment protection. And I did use the tracker and logged every hour in it.
Thank you.

Shayan M wrote:

According to my understanding using the time tracker gives you hourly payment protection. And I did use the tracker and logged every hour in it.

Did you also have high activity levels, meaningful work memos on all your screenshots and did all your screenshots show you work actively on the client's project only? Just using the tracker is not enough.

I am new on Upwork and I didn't know about memo so didn't write any but have high activity levels and all of my screenshots show that I only worked on client's project. 
Also I have got to mention that I was working actively daily on the project with tracker on but last week on Friday afternoon I got a notification from Upwork that my contract has been placed on hold temporarily and then I immediately stopped working on the project.

Shayan M wrote:

I am new on Upwork and I didn't know about memo so didn't write any

Then you are not covered.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members