🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Available for Consulation
Page options
97b1a1bd
Community Member

Available for Consulation

I see on some of my competitors pages that they have a "available for consulation" button. I can't seem to find it anwywhere. Where can I find it/what do I need to do to get access to that fauture? 

3 REPLIES 3
50f7abd3
Community Member

Hi Karryn,

I had a look at your project catalogue and everything looks in good order. I looked at mine, as well as that of other freelancers in your space, and I couldn't find "Available for Consultation" anywhere. Maybe you could share a screenshot of this "Available for Consultation" message you saw so I can have an idea of where you're looking. (One thing to note is that when looking at your consultation through your own profile, you are likely to see greyed-out areas around the time and payment buttons with a message that reads"Sorry, you cannot purchase projects in Project Catalog using this account"

A resource you may find helpful can be found on the support page for Setting up a consultation. Study the section on 'Set your availability'.

All the best.

IMG_8560.jpeg

"Offers Consulations" my mistake 

50f7abd3
Community Member

After some digging, I think I understand the problem now. I set mine up a long time ago and I forgot it was there because I have never been asked for a consultation.

Screenshot (5).png

1. You can only set up projects and consultations when you have one of these badges:  Rising Talent, Top Rated, Top Rated Plus, or Expert-Vetted. If you had one of these badges, you would have seen a banner like the one below at some point.

Capture.JPG

2. Presumably, when you initially set up your project catalogue, you had one of these badges but lost it subsequently (I only just realised while doing this research that I have lost mine as well). 

3. Because you didn't set it up when you had the badge, you now do not have the option available. (note that if you lose a badge your project and consultation remain but you cannot create new ones).

Screenshot (3).png

When you eventually reacquire one of the badges, you can set up your consultation. In the meantime, you could focus on driving traffic through your project.

I hope this was helpful!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members