🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fraude
Page options
c6e179d6
Community Member

Fraude

I applied for a job from which I was accepted and I carried it out for myself (typing work). Now when I receive my money the customer makes me understand that I have to pay an amount of $60 which is completely absurd and theft if I can afford it. I have no guarantee that the money will be sent to me.

4 REPLIES 4
dataextract
Community Member

It is a well known scam. You will never get the money.

No project has been awarded to you yet in Upwork.

You shouldnt contact anyone outside Upwork before a project been awarded here. 

Go through how Upwork works and then apply for the jobs.

41cf47fc
Community Member

In future you should not continue with thats kind of guys.

the-right-writer
Community Member

Stop communicating with this person. It is a scam. Not only will you lose money, but you can permanently lose your Upwork account for breaking the rules. No money will be sent to you. The scam is you send them money.

Please read this post, and follow every link. It will take you to the Upwork resources you must learn, and how to avoid scams by Wes. You have to learn how to protect yourself, because no one, including Upwork, will do it for you. Do not apply for any jobs, until you have learned all the rules. You need to work on your profile, and do it before looking at jobs. "Student" is not a job skill, and will never get you a legitimate job. Freelancers need to come here with marketable skills. Those who do not have them will be scammed and/or relegated to cheap, low-grade work.

b297979d
Community Member

Thanks for the info, I will beware of it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members