🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » BEWARE = FRAUD
Page options
50cdae9e
Community Member

BEWARE = FRAUD

Company asked me to do an interview on Telegram, which I did not understand was outside of UpWork.

Then after they "accepted" me to do data entry they said they would deposit a check into my bank to cover the costs of equipment. GIANT blinking RED FLAG.

But I cannot find out to report them in the Upwork network.

Help, how do I report this company?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Use the "flag as inappropriate" link on the job post. It may have already been removed, in which case you don't need to do anything further. You should also note that whatever company name they gave you was fake, so you've probably just accused a totally innocent company and should remove this from your post.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Use the "flag as inappropriate" link on the job post. It may have already been removed, in which case you don't need to do anything further. You should also note that whatever company name they gave you was fake, so you've probably just accused a totally innocent company and should remove this from your post.

Same thing happended to me. How do I complain?

re: "Same thing happended to me. How do I complain?"

Use the "flag as inappropriate" link on the job post. It may have already been removed, in which case you don't need to do anything further.

mm-glory
Community Member

just happened to me. as a different company **Edited for Community Guidelines**. they seem legit. book publishing company and they have facebook and everything.

beware seriously people: anyone that says to deposit and they pay for the equipment.

they should just send you the equipment or pay the vendor straight.

petra_r
Community Member

Maria M wrote:

just happened to me. as a different company XXXXXXXXXX. they seem legit. xxxxx xxxxx company and they have facebook and everything.

The people you spoke to have nothing to do with the company.

It is so simple to avoid those clowns. Just don't violate Upwork's terms of Service by communicating with a propective client outside Upwork.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members