🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bad Client
Page options
jaylaurence
Community Member

Bad Client

I have a client last year. I worked for him hourly but after one month. the Amazon store isn't successful and he requests for a refund of all hours that I worked. But I already refunded him and our problem solved here in Upwork. But today. he asks for a refund again. What should I do? please help me. He puts bad feedback on me because our contract was just paused. and i ended the contract today.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jay Laurence Y wrote:

What if he puts bad feedback its affects my JSS. since our contract has just ended

Then it is what it is. Why didn't you end the contract months ago?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Jay Laurence Y wrote:

But today. he asks for a refund again. What should I do?

Just tell the client that you will not refund anything more.The client can't dispute anything anymore.

What if he puts bad feedback its affects my JSS. since our contract has just ended

Jay Laurence Y wrote:

Then it is what it is. Why didn't you end the contract months ago?

It was also my fault for not ending the contract. Is there any way to remove his feedback?

Jay Laurence Y wrote:

It was also my fault for not ending the contract. Is there any way to remove his feedback?

He hasn't left any feedback yet, has he?

Only top rated freelancers can remove feedback. (Once every 10 contracts and 3 months)

A full refund would remove the contract from your profile, but the impact on your JSS would remain. 

He didn't put feedback yet. but he messages me. bad feedback incoming

re: "He didn't put feedback yet. but he messages me. bad feedback incoming"

You will need to decide what to do when that happens.

But letting his feedback stay on your page (instead of giving him a refund) WILL be an option.

By the way, you have great feedback from all your clients after completing 9 jobs. If I am a client and see all that alongside one bad feedback, I can tell that this was a scoundrel client who pse feedback is just vengeful and nor trustworthy.

The client has never given anyone poor feedback before. I'd just lie low now and hope the client leaves no feedback at all.

tlbp
Community Member

If he is threatening you with bad feedback unless you pay him, grab an image of the message and report him to Upwork. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members