🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment method verification in progress
Page options
Sandra Angela M Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Vince,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Yvette C Community Member

Hi, I have a verified identity in Upwork under the name**Edited for community guidelines**however when I try to add a payment method I received an email that said that my financial account name is **Edited for community guidelines**which is an old name that I changed. Upwork is not allowing me to add any payment method due to this issue. why is my financial account showing an old name?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Yvette,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Vivek C Community Member

I have added PAN details for legal tax information and everything is correct as per my knowledge. Can you please let me know how long it will take to verify my bank details?

Arsalan K Community Member

Hello,

It will take 24 to 48 hours

Thanks

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Vivek, 

It looks like you just added this payment method to your account. This process is by design. Please give the team 48 hours to review the account details. If there are any issues, they will reach out to you with more information. 

~ Avery
Michelle C Community Member

Hi Upwork world!
I'm wondering how to change my verified name.

Unfortunately my billing setup was denied because my bank account and verified name don't match up. I recently got married and have already changed my last name at the bank, but used my old ID to verify my upwork account.

I can't seem to find anywhere to contact UpWork support. Some help would be greatly appreciated!

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Gokhan C Community Member

I can't contact the customer support because all in there is a bot. My upwork name and my bank account name is same but it says The beneficiary name is mismatched. How can I reach any real support?

Hi Gokhan,

Please allow 48 hours for the name mismatch on your account to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Franceska S Community Member

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

I got this alert but my name is the same on the account as it is on the bank account. Besides, I have already withdrawed with this payment method.
Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Franceska,

Your beneficiary name has been approved. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Sukhpreet S Community Member

I have submitted my Government ID for verification at the following link

**Edited for community guidelines**

At first, It was showing that We are reviewing your Documents and the process will take 24 hours and after 24 hours, when I open the same link it redirects to my profile page.

I think my documents are verified but I am getting the following error on the Get Paid Page

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

Can anyone from Upwork Support Team help me how I can solve this problem.

Also, my business that displayed on the Invoices is not same as my Upwork profile name. I have also changed my Upwork profile name from https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/settings/contactInfo but it still shows the same error on the Get Paid page

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Sukhpreet,

Please know that to set up payment to your bank or payment account, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on that account, or demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Yes it's my personal Saving Account and the account has only one name i.e mine and I have the same name on Upwork too. I have also provided verification Documents to Upwork and they have also verified my documents about the same but I am still getting Beneficiary Mismatch error on Get Paid Page.

Can you help me to change the verified name?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Sukhpreet,

To change your name go to Settings › Contact Info and click on the pencil icon to edit your name. You can find more information here

~ Nikola

Hi Nikola,

I changed my name from Settings › Contact Info but on get paid page I still have the beneficiary name mismatch error

can you escalate my issue to the support team so that someone can help me to reaolve this issue.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Sukhpreet,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Shahmeer S Community Member

I am having a problem of name mismatch issue my name on contact info is shahmeer shakoor where as the government issued ID name is M shahmeer shakoor kasmani which also reflects in certification of earnings.  Kindly let me know how I can get through this issue ? 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Shahmeer, 

This has been fixed already. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Shahmeer S Community Member

Hi Joanne Marie P

Thank you very much for the support. 

Regards

Nguyen Thi D Community Member

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my Upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account. This is due to the fact that I made this account using my nickname.

However, I have already updated my profile on Upwork with my actual name. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Nguyen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Nguyen Thi D Community Member

Thank you so much!
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members