🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

Hi Dennis,

I checked your account and it looks like you have already added your Paypal account. Please allow time for the verification process to complete. For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three calendar days. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

hello my upwork account says my paypal name doesnt match the beneficiary. i checked and it is the same information

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sandra,

Please allow 48 hours for your payment method to be reviewed. If any further info is needed our team will reach out to you directly.

~Andrea
Upwork
yolandapt
Community Member

Hi

Some years ago, I got paid  with paypal. Same account, same user login, but now it gives me an error:

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

But, as I said, it is the same name and account.
May yo help me?
thanks
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yolanda,

Please allow 48 hours for your payment method to be reviewed. If any further info is needed our team will reach out to you directly.

~Andrea
Upwork
lazycatsweb
Community Member

Hi! I get this error that the name of my PayPal account does not match the Upwork one. It is the same -  literally. How can I contact someone to fix this?

Hi Vlad,

~Andrea
Upwork
3680f08a
Community Member

Hi... Received a notification that my name is mismatched but the name is one and the same: "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account".

Hi Mubaraq,

Thanks for reaching out. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3680f08a
Community Member

Ok. Thanks
petrovici4
Community Member

Hello,

While trying to connect my new payment method upwork says:
"The beneficiary name is mismatched."

And the name is the same Smiley LOL

Hi Marian,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hey, you said it tooks 24h for verification. It's almost 2 weeks and this error is still there
Any help? My name is the same everywhere

3f5a0fa5
Community Member

Hi there - the client submitted payment for my work before I was able to verify my identity because the name I registered to Upwork with was not my legal name on my documents. So basically, I haven't received payment and now that Upwork has confirmd my identity, I don't know how to go about actually having my payment now made into my account. Can anyone help?

Hello Dee, 

Thank you for your message.

Since you have already completed your account verification, you can check your available earnings and initiate funds withdrawal from the Get paid section. I see that your payment method is currently under review due to a name mismatch and will be active after 3 days. Feel free to message us if you have further questions. 

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork
emanabdelrazek
Community Member

Hello, 

Whenever I try to add a payment method --paypal, I get this error

" Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."
While my name is the same in both.
Could you assist me with this.

Hi IMAN,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
ekinknyt
Community Member

Hi,

In order to recieve payment I have to register my bank account to Upwork. My profile name is **Edited for Community Guidelines** and ı think my financial account name is with my maiden surname **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Could you please change my financial account name to my current accoutn name?

I cannot add the payment method because of this difference.

Thanks, 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ekin,

I checked and it looks like you were able to add your payment method. Please allow 3 days for this withdrawal method to become active.

~Andrea
Upwork
erujolc
Community Member

I got this message: Payment method verification in progress Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

How can it be verified?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Antonio,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
prabath15
Community Member

I'm new to Upwork and when I added my bank account details as the withdrawal method, I'm getting the message shown in the attached screenshot. Screenshot 2021-05-31 210513.jpg

The name I used in my Upwork account is Prabath Athurupana which are my first and last names. The name in my bank account is G.R.P.M. Athurupana which is my full name with initials. How is this a mismatch? What should I do now?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Prabath,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jorgen1414
Community Member

Hi, i tryed to link my local bankaccont to my get paid page. But it came out as a name missmatch because i cant write the letter Ø which is in my name. So when i startet the accont i just used O insted. But when writing my name at the bankaccont page i wrote nothing where the Ø is supossed to be, so it came out like this: "jrgen". 

my name is Jørgen.

When making the accont i had to write Jorgen.

and when putting in the bankaccont detalies i wrote Jrgen to clearyfi.

Can someone help me understand why this would be a problem.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reaching out to us, Jorgen.

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
astronautica
Community Member

I'm not able to solve this issue, how can I change it?

Hi there, 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name and profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
fl_pol
Community Member

Can the team also review my account because it reads that my payment method has been deactivated.

Hi Francis,

I checked with the team and the name mismatch was already resolved. Let me know if you need further help with anything.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
elis_lin
Community Member

hello, 

my payment method is still showing " deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account". But I did already revise my account name and is now matched to my bank account. I had also uploaded my ID card to verify my name. But the payment method is still showing deactivated. 

Could anyone help me on this, thanks.

Hi Li Ting,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
elis_lin
Community Member

Hi, Joanne 

thank you very much for the quick reply!  🙂 

tahoe495
Community Member

My paypal payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my paypal account — this is because I'm in Russia and to verify my papal account I have to write it in russian.

Any chance you could confirm my payment accont?

Hi Andrei,

Please allow up to 3 days for the verification on your payment method to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
abayramovades
Community Member

Hello. after verification my name and surname were not spelled correctly. there was a mistake in the surname and my patronymic was written instead of the name. how can I change this? where can I send the correct information?

Hi Anastasiia,

Please allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jhunjhunwalara14
Community Member

Hi, 

I am trying to add my bank account details in the agency profile which has "&" in its name. The system does not accept the same. 

Also, I don't know the email address or other channel to get in touch with the team at upwork to send the proof of the name as mentioned in the support discussions. Please if anyone can guide on this. 

Many thanks! 

Raunak

Hi Raunak,

I shared your concern with our team and your name mismatch error should now be removed from your profile. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks, Nikola. Appreciate it.

Another issue where I needed your help is on the earnings. I have an invoice cleared by the client for over 5 days but in the transactions, it is still pending and not available in the account for withdrawal. 

Please can you help on resolving this.

Many thanks!

Hi Raunak,

I checked and it looks like everything is working as designed. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period. You can check the date of issue for the fund you're referring to by going to your contract and clicking on the completed milestone

You should be able to withdraw your funds on the 8th of June. Let us know if you are still unable to withdraw your funds after this period. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members