🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
wowfactorconcept
Community Member

Hello, 

Please help me with manually reviewing my "Billing methods" and "Get paid" sections (card and bank account). My Upwork account name is on my personal name (Mihaela Stancu) but the legal business name is completed correctly with the name of my company (WOW Factor Concept S.R.L.) and the VAT ID is approved. When completing credit card details in Billing methods, I put my name as a card holder (I have both names on my card: my name and my company name, I don;t know which one to chose). 

For the bank account I have the IBAN within my bank and the name of the account is stated as "WOW Factor Concept S.R.L." so I've written this name in the "Get paid" section.

Please let me know if everything is fine with these 2 sections and if you need further info from me, kindly let me know (like documents or something).

Thank you!

Mihaela.

Hi Mihaela,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with setting up your billing and payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same problem my legal name is Srushti Agrawal and my business account name is ATS THREE.. when try to add payment method in get Paid section it is name doesn't match. What should I do?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi At,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
moskovka_olga
Community Member

Hi. I’m new to UpWork and currently I’m finishing my first project here. I went to my settings and wanted to add my PayPal as a payment option. I’ve been using it since 2011 and never had any trouble. Well UpWork said my name here doesn’t match beneficiary name on my PayPal account. Well, how can this be? This is the first time ever I’m having such a trouble. Can it be because here I wrote my name and last name in English and in PayPal it’s written in Russian? Can someone please help me?

I’ve tried writing to Support here but got no reply.

Hi Olga,

I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is approved now.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Thank you!
giddy007
Community Member

Hello, I tried connecting my payoneer account to the ACH withdrawal method, all my details checked out, but then it showed "Account name mismatch", i have crossed checked the two throughly and the names are the same. What should i do? Please i need help!

Hi Gideon,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
giddy007
Community Member

Alright, Thanks

giddy007
Community Member

I have not been contacted by any agent since i made the complaint, can you please help me?

Hi Gideon,

Our team has just reached out to you via a new ticket to assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sidorov_nikita
Community Member

I've added a new payment method (PayPal) to my Upwork profile and it says "The beneficiary name is mismatched" how can I fix this issue?

Thank you!

Hi Nikita,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They'll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello!

I am afraid I have the same issue as others described. In addition, I have used the PayPal account in question for payment successfuly in the past (about a year ago) and I did not change my name neither on Upwork nor PayPal.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Luka,

I reached out to the team handling your case and the beneficiary name mismatch notification is now removed from your profile and your name is approved. 

Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

Can you help with the same issue as well ?

"The beneficiary name is mismatched."

best regards

Jarek

Hi Jarek,

In cases like this, it's best to allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They'll let you know if any further steps are needed from your end.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, thanks for response.

May I ask once again team to review my payment methods, as I have again the same message "The beneficiary name is mismatched."

best regads

Jarek

Hi Jaroslaw,

Your payment method is now updated as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
maltsevsergey
Community Member

I'm Sergey Maltcev from Russia.
Today I've added Paypal payment method.
Payment method verification in progress and it shows "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account".

My name is "Мальцев Сергей Сергеевич" in Russian, so I've changed my name as "Sergei Sergeevich Maltsev" in English.
However, it still doesn't work.
Please let me know how to do with this issue as soon as possible.

Regards.

Hi Sergey,

Please allow up to 3 days for the review to be completed. If you're still experiencing any problems after 3 days, feel free to follow up here so that our team can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

My upwork profile had been verified for a few days and I received an email titled "Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork" again.

Payment method verification in progress and it shows "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account".

As I wrote last time, my russian name is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

, where **Edited for Community Guidelines**is my last(family) name, **Edited for Community Guidelines** is my first and middle name.

Please review and help me fix this issue.

Thank you.

Hi Sergei,

Thank you for following up. I followed up with the team handling your case and the beneficiary name mismatch notification is now removed from your profile and your name is approved. 

Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork
jbparlee
Community Member

On August 12, I entered my bank account information as part of setting up a payment method after accepting my first two Upwork contracts. Because the name I prefer to be called, Jim, is not the same as my formal name, James, my payment method was deactivated pending a review by the account support team. My checking account is under my formal name James while my Upwork account is under Jim.

According to the FAQs, the account support team is supposed to approve common name variations within 48 hours. No one from the account support team has reached out to me to either approve the common name variation or to ask to verify my identification.

When should I expect to have the name review completed by the account support team and my payment method activated?

I also have a second question. Does the deactivation of the payment method impact client payments entering my account?

I completed a contract on August 12 and my the amount of the contract has not yet appeared in my Upwork account. Will the contract amount appear in my account once the payment method is activated? If not, when will the amount be posted to my account and are there any special steps I need to take in order for this to happen?

A moderator will have to answer your question regarding the name approval. 

As to the contract that ended 8/12 and the payment. If it was fixed price and approved, the funds are held for a 5 day security period before they are available to be withdrawn. As today is 8/16, and the milestone was released (if I am following you correctly) on 8/12, then you still have another day until the funds become available to withdraw. 

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for the information.

The amount of my first completed contract is now in my account.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jim,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
baderalkhalaf93
Community Member

Hello, 

In my case i got the "The beneficiary name is mismatched" message, but the email and name from both my bank account and upwork are the same.I submitted a request to change my name, but I put a space between the letters and this is not the same name on the card or my bank account. What do I do?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Bader,

I checked with the team and you should be all set now. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi  Aleksandar

Thank you very much
have a good day

annborromeo
Community Member

i also get the same problem

Hi Anne Jeaneth,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
iammanchanda
Community Member

Hello this is "Harman Singh **Edited for Community Guidelines**". I am new to Upwork but I do have Experience working remotely as "Software Consultant" ... and thus I do have "Registered GST Business" under "Proprietorship" here in India for "Export of Services Globally"

I have a Valid GST Registration Certificate and here are the main details of the same:

Legal Name: Harman Singh **Edited for Community Guidelines**(Name on my Upwork Profile)

Trade Name: **Edited for Community Guidelines** (Name of my Current Bank Account)

But when I submit my Bank Account, I am getting this message
"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

Request you to please solve the issue?
Please note that I am Happy to Provide needed documents for Authenticity!

Hi Harman Singh,

The team just sent you an email with more information about the name mismatch and a secure link to upload the documents.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Thanks for the quick reply and mail. I have responded to the email with the documents, and is now hoping for a quick response so that I can make my Profile Public and start working (by exploring Projects) at Upwork. Cheers!

Thanks,
Harman 
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Harman Singh,

The team will follow up with you within 48 hours with the results. Please know that you don't have to wait for that to happen before making your profile public. You can explore Project Catalog, submit proposals to jobs that fit your skillset and expertise, and so on.

As you're new to Upwork, these resources may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

You can also visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Alexander,

On the Secure Link, I am trying to upload the PAN card (India) but it's asking "Expiration Date" for the same ... There is no such thing as expiry within the PAN Card (India)

Can you please have a look?

Hi Harman Singh,

To resolve the name mismatch for your company account, a PAN card is not an acceptable document. Please refer to the email where the team shared the list of acceptable documents.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

No No, I meant that within mail they have also given the secure link and I thought I should submit there also (along with responding in mail) but there within secure link it's asking me to first upload PAN card which I uploaded ... but it's also asking to fill in expiration date (which is not the case with PAN card) ... and I can't proceed ahead for the secure link because of same.

Please note that I have already responded with my Valid GST Registration Certificate within the mail itself.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members