🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

Hi Louise,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Hello,

I've added my Bank Details for Get Paid but it says its deactivated due to name mismatch. Is there anything else I need to submit? I'm more than happy to submit further documents if needed.

Please let me know.

Thank you!!

Hi Leenu,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
2wemalang
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

I am new in Upwork and i created my profile with company name now i provided all details of payment and found company name will not going to work this way so kindly help me to change my name instend of company name in profile so that payment will verify.

Thanks in advance.

Taniya C.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi WeMalag,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
codinera-mariam
Community Member

Hello,

I would like to get assistance on this urgent matter since my bank payment information is not accepted when in fact there is no name variation. my previous metrobank atm had already been close to I replaced it with my PNB ATM. The name on my PNB ATM is the same name I have except that it has middle initial of letter D which is common here in the Philippines. That is the middle initial of my middle name which is Dianalan. Because of this I will not be paid tomorrow when I really needed the funds ASAP. I hope  you can help me with this. 

Thanks. 

Respecfully yours,

Mariam

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Mariam, 

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
cd1db373
Community Member

hi I would like to ask my account name in upwork is when im single, but then on my local bank account name I used my husband's family name, is there a problem with that? but I didn't recieve any message from upwork about mismatched name when I was in choose the direct to local bank,

Hi Chrismar,

I can see you successfully entered your payment information. If there is a name mismatch, you can rest assured the team will notify you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
solucankesis
Community Member

Okay, so my problem is that my full name includes a non-English character. I have an "ı" instead of an "i" in my name. It causes lots of problems with my local bank. And I'm not able to correct it because Upwork doesn't let me. I need a solution to that. There are many problems with Upwork's payment but this is the one I need to solve first. 

Hi Cem,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
vinaykaklotar
Community Member

Payment method verification in progress

Spoiler
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
I got this after the added "Direct to Local Bank" payment method and even I've confirmed that beneficiary name are matched with the Upwork account but still I can't get my payment via "Direct to Local Bank" payment method.

So, How can I resolve or fixed it?

Hi Vinay,

Please allow 72 hours for the review on your new payment method to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It has not been solved yet

Hi Vinay, 

Please allow the team to complete their review. If more than 72 hours have passed and the review is not yet complete, feel free to let us know, and we'll make sure to look into this for you. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Upwork, It's been about a week but still, I can't get any solution yet. So what do I do next to resolve it?
Please help me.....

Hi VINAY,

I've shared your concern with the team and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
runett
Community Member

Hi, i can't. Here my name written by latinic letters. In pay pal in my country i can write my name in kirilic letters only.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ruslan,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
anishras
Community Member

Hi, My upwork account account always says miss match could you please help, entered names are correct but beneficiery name is miss matched, could you please help

Hi Maddipalli,

In that case, it's best to allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the account for name mismatch. They'll reach out directly if any further steps are required from your end.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
d3555f0b
Community Member

I don't understand why my account Payment method verification progress for 2days. Please kindly help me mam.

Thanks MD ABU NEZAM **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi MD Abu,

I followed up with the team and the name mismatch was already resolved. Your payment method will become active tomorrow, after the standard 3 day security period.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you sir aleksander
irshadmuhammad14
Community Member

"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account".

Above mentioned error is there, even though it is my personal account with the exact same name as my upwork name.

Please do the needful to help me out by providing the solution.

Hi Muhammad,

In cases like this, it's best to allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They'll reach out directly and let you know if any further steps are needed from your end.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi aleksander
My problem was solved. But i was doubt about enetering my account number and i cannot able to see my accnt number in get paid. That's why I removed my get paid account. Then I add my account again showing same problem mismatch name. Kindly help me.
Thanks
Md Abu Nezam

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Md Abu Nezam,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
08c86e05
Community Member

Hi,  Dear Support

My name is matsubase hirokazu from Japan.  My paypal ID is**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I have added this paypal to my account but I have got an issue "The beneficiary name is mismatched."

How do i solve this issue?  Please help me.

Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matsubase,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
researchediting
Community Member

There's no option to contact Upwork about a deposit account name mismatch. It's "don't call us, we'll call you."

So when, already?

Hi Douglas Michael,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble reaching out to our support team. I've shared with them the issue you're having, and one of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks, Joanne Marie!

Somebody fixed it. Then I think I broke it again by trying to set the new account as my preferred payment account. Is that an actual setting somewhere (for after access gets fixed again)?

You're very welcome, Douglas Michael!

I have checked with the team, and they have confirmed that one of our agents will reach out to you to provide more information. They have also confirmed that the mismatch error has already been approved. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Joanne Marie P wrote:

You're very welcome, Douglas Michael!

I have checked with the team, and they have confirmed that one of our agents will reach out to you to provide more information. They have also confirmed that the mismatch error has already been approved. 

Still no resolution or even substantive outreach on support request 32920355. It's been over a week since the original attempt to add an account..

I apologize for the delay, Douglas. 

The name mismatch on your billing method should now be resolved. Let me know if you need further help with anything.

~ Avery
Upwork

Avery O wrote:

I apologize for the delay, Douglas. 

The name mismatch on your billing method should now be resolved. Let me know if you need further help with anything.

Thanks, Avery! Looks good for now. Tomorrow will be the test. I'll try not to break it.

Best,

Michael

be217312
Community Member

New freelancer here. Using Upwork for payment platform. Under the Get Paid tab I have my bank info in there and it says the beneficiary name on my payment method does not match the name on my Upwork account. But I made sure it does. I don't know what else to do. How can I get approved? Thanks!

Hi Robert,

Thanks for reaching out. Please, allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
be217312
Community Member

Hi. Thanks. For some reason it still hasn't been resolved. My name is matched but it says unmatched.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members