🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
vitaliykyrylko
Community Member

thank you a lot

e_radaci
Community Member

Hi everyone, my account of the bank is in my previous surname. After i was married so i took the surname of my husband. Upwork is with my new surname. Now upwork said there is a mismatch of both accounts. How to prove that both accounts are mine? Is there any possibility that upwork closes my account here? Why is so difficult to have a support here? Please help me, i don't know what to do.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elona,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
a22affab
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue 

a22affab
Community Member

I do not have any personal bank account as I have access to my husband's bank account but Upwork didn't allow it. how can I resolve this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sunaina,

If your husband's bank account is only in their name, you won't be able to use it as a payment method on Upwork. On Upwork, you can only use a bank account that’s in your name or is a joint account that has your name on it as a withdrawal method. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
lara_mue
Community Member

Hi all,

Upwork says that my beneficiary name on my bank account does not match my account name. Now my payment method is blocked even though my bank account name and my upwork name are identical. This is very frustrating as I dont find any help or the opportunity to contact a real person and not only the chat robot.

Any help here? I would appreciate it so much

Hi Lara,

Please allow 72 hours for the review on your payment method to be completed. If you're experiencing any problems after this, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
gajw
Community Member

Hello,

I got the same problem. Earlier, withdrawals to the bank worked without problems.
I tried to change the name from Cyrillic to Latin, but the problem was not resolved.
Can you help with this?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Andriy, 

Our team will update your payment method shortly and you will be able to withdraw your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
michal13171
Community Member

I have problem in get paid i get message

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Hi Michal,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
hosseink
Community Member

Hi, I have an issue with getting payments. I got this notice: "name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." I don't know why this happened. Is it because I'm using Hossein instead of Mohammad Hossein? If so How can I solve this issue?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hossein,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
293bebe6
Community Member

Hi Upwork community, I have the same problem on my account with beneficiary name, but my profile is ID verified already, can you please help me?
Thanks

Hi Muhammad, 

I checked and it looks like you no longer have this error on your end. Your payment method is currently under verification and should become active in 3 days.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
gokhancelebii
Community Member

Hi, i am trying to add my transferwise bank account as withdrawal method but the problem is i am getting this error on the top of page after adding wise account.

"the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account"

The problem is my transferwise bank account name is the same with upwork account.

Both names are the same.

Why am i getting this error? Is there anyone that experienced this error? 

Thank you!

I added the error image as attachment. 

Hi Gokhan,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This has been taken care of and you should no longer see the error on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
moatazbasha
Community Member

Hello,

I have an issue about linking Upwork to paypal, but getting a message of that mismatched name "beneficiary" meanwhile the name are identical in both platform.

Thanks 

Hi Moataz,

Thanks for reaching out. Please, allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
sodiquest
Community Member

help me change my financial account name to my profile name, thanks.. I mistakenly registered using my surname instead of first name and last name.

Hi Sodiq,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that if you want to change your name on Upwork you can go to Settings › Contact Info and click on the pencil icon to edit your name. To set up a payment method, your verified name in Upwork must match the name on your payment account. You can find more information here

After you update your name you can add your payment method again, please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for name mismatch. They'll reach out and let you know if any further steps are needed from your end.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ad2edf6a
Community Member

Hello! I have removed and added Paypal account again to my Upwork profile in order to withdraw funds. However, my Paypal account name is written in cyrillic and it's approved by the Paypal, so I can't use latin names. At the other side, Upwork does not recognize cyrillic names, so I just can not make account name in Paypal and Upwork equal. What should I do to resolve this issue? Please help!

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alexey,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
sodiquest
Community Member

I just changed my profile name on upwork and is still not reflecting on my financial account after 48hrs ......please see attachment and help me change my financial account name from ADEYEMI SODIQ to SODIQ YINKA...please go through my profile and do that...thank you so much

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sodiq,

~Andrea
Upwork
67e81c89
Community Member

Hello,

I'm facing the same issue with my payment method. I changed my name on Upwork to match my name on PayPal and I need ,my payment method to be reactivated. Thanks!

Hi Elie,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
f2a020e1
Community Member

Its been more than a day. No one informed or even contacted about status. I don't want to miss wednesday. So is there anyone can help me?

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mustafa,

~Andrea
Upwork

When I visit this page you tagged, I only see a solved request with id of #33522678, and this is not even a request. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mustafa,

Looks like your beneficiary name has been approved. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e_muravyeva
Community Member

hello,

i'm trying to connect a bank account to my Upwork account and having an issue with this.

it's a joint bank account for me and my sister and her name goes first, but my name is still there and on all the statements.

i'm getting message "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." and there is nowhere to request a review and attach the bank statements with my name as a proof.

i've checked the topics about joint accounts and they didn't really add any clarity.

support chat is no good, the bot is throwing help articles i've already read, and no real human is popping up there.

what could i do? could i please get some support attention here?

Hi Elena,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I've followed up with our team regarding your concern and your beneficiary name has been approved. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e_muravyeva
Community Member

Thank you for your quick assistance.

78f370af
Community Member

I need a solution for the message "The beneficiary name on the payment method you added doesn't match the name on your Upwork account. This match is required. You can try adding another payment method to resolve this."

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohamed,

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Upwork community, I have a problem with my account with beneficiary name, but my profile is ID verified already, can you please help me?
Thanks

afifah72
Community Member

Hello I have the same problem too, my verified Upwork name does not match the beneficiary name on Paypal. There is no mismatch, I registered with the same name. Could you please help me? Thank you

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Afifah,

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members