🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » CONNECTS
Page options
salman-99
Community Member

CONNECTS

You just want to collect money from freelancers. I demand to increase the number of monthly connects. because of this policy are a failure and has led to a decrease in work for everyone.

4 REPLIES 4
the-right-writer
Community Member

Yes, Upwork wants money; they are a business. The shareholders want money, too. I'm sure they are tired of the quarterlies being in the toilet.

Your demands for more free connects won't go anywhere.

The connects have nothing to do with the decrease in work. The decrease is because of the open door to all, and the number of fake and scam jobs. Every decent platform charges. Every time I make a new contact, no one pays me for all my expenses. It is the same online.

With your history and experience, surely investing a few connects is worth it.

If Upwork want to increase their income, it's not by forcing the freelancer to gamble by buying the connection, even if it's at a cheap price. The principle is basically wrong. This is not the way to develop work and increase confidence in the site because whoever buys more gets more opportunities, while the main goal was to provide high-quality work for the client, with the site having a certain percentage of payments.

Just posted this another thread:

for me it seems completely unfair and without logic

It's your point of view. There are also Client's, and Upwork's.

I'll put myself in Upwork's:

• Running an unprofitable business for almost a decade, consistent negative net income, every month...
  • ... although I have an enormous member base.
  • I'd rather monetize the member base. I'll rotate the perception of opportunity to my 12 million freelancers.

It's actually very logical from my POV.

What you or the client think is fair, does not bring profit to me. If you or the clients are happy in the past decade for using my "high quality freelance marketplace", sorry, but it's time to change.

--

I'll put myself back at the freelancer's shoes. I'll say, don't get caught in the game.

Every decent platform charges, real life, physical world approaches to clients have associated costs. The only way to avoid the costs is to find an employer. It's your choice.

while the main goal was to provide high-quality work for the client,

Upwork's goal is to make money.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members