🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I apply as an intermediate to work in the...
Page options
sishaon5
Community Member

Can I apply as an intermediate to work in the expert Upwork?

I am an intermediate freelancer and I want to bid on an expert job. can I do this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You are free to bid on any job. No problem there.

Usually, however, the issue comes up in the interview with the client.

If you're the best match and the client doesn't find any other expert better than you, you get yourself a nice project which pays well and helps you in getting more expert level projects!

If you're not a great match, even if you're able to get a project by being great at presenting yourself, you'll probably end up shooting your own leg. Meaning, you might not be able to finish the project (and get paid!) as expected by the client. Or you end up finishing it but it takes way too long to be appreciated by the client.

Now, you just need to decide if you think you have a good or not-so-good chance of making that specific client happy for the Connects that you spend on bidding for the project.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Shariful I wrote:

I am an intermediate freelancer and I want to bid on an expert job. can I do this?

You "can" - but if the client truly wants an expert, and you know that you are not, why would you?

sishaon5
Community Member

The client posted a job, I think I'm fit for it or just want to know it.

You are free to bid on any job. No problem there.

Usually, however, the issue comes up in the interview with the client.

If you're the best match and the client doesn't find any other expert better than you, you get yourself a nice project which pays well and helps you in getting more expert level projects!

If you're not a great match, even if you're able to get a project by being great at presenting yourself, you'll probably end up shooting your own leg. Meaning, you might not be able to finish the project (and get paid!) as expected by the client. Or you end up finishing it but it takes way too long to be appreciated by the client.

Now, you just need to decide if you think you have a good or not-so-good chance of making that specific client happy for the Connects that you spend on bidding for the project.

Thanks so much for explaining this. Because I just needed to know it clearly

Of course you can.

But, assuming you get the job, don't be surprised if you get poor feedback if you don't have the skills needed for the job. 

thank you.I needed to know this clearly because if anytime it goes wrong I apply to a job expert. then it makes no problem

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members