🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I open a new account from my old laptop?
Page options
2458e274
Community Member

Can I open a new account from my old laptop?

I want to close my current account and want to create a new one from the same device. Is that possible? Will my account get banned if I open 2 accounts from 1 device?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No, Tashri, allow me to clarify. Using a single computer to sign in to different accounts is totally fine, as long as you're not doing it at the same time and you are not sharing your private account information amongst yourselves. There's no need for your brother to close his account if you wish to use your own on the same laptop.

That said, is this account you're writing from yours? As I said, you are not allowed to share your account information or use someone else's account, even if you are relatives.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LuiggiR

Hi Tashrif,

Having multiple accounts isn't allowed, and it is considered a serious violation of the Terms of Service, even if you close this account. You can put yourself at risk of being permanently suspended. Why would you want to close this account and open a new one?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2458e274
Community Member

My younger brother used to work on my laptop. Now I want to get rid of his account and create my own account. Because I want to start working on Upwork. But as far as I know, multiple accounts can't be created from 1 laptop. So can you help me to delete this account and create a new one. Or maybe we can just rebrand this account. Change every single details of this account. Is that possible?

No, Tashri, allow me to clarify. Using a single computer to sign in to different accounts is totally fine, as long as you're not doing it at the same time and you are not sharing your private account information amongst yourselves. There's no need for your brother to close his account if you wish to use your own on the same laptop.

That said, is this account you're writing from yours? As I said, you are not allowed to share your account information or use someone else's account, even if you are relatives.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members