🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I or clientedit milestone after accepting...
Page options
36b95467
Community Member

Can I or clientedit milestone after accepting a fixed price job?

Hi, I accepted a fixed price job recently and the client has put the money in the escrow. I never use milestone before because my previous job is a small scale job, which only required me to design a single deliverable. The latest offer required me to work on a handful deliverables, so I'm wondering if it's possible to add (or change?) the milestone if I had already accepted the offer and there's no milestone yet. The client post in the job description that she will paid half the amount when the work is started and the other half at the end of the project, so I just want to kindly remind her. I know it's better to discuss with the client to set the milestone before I accept the offer but due to my lack of experience I thought escrow = milestone. Any suggestion is gladly welcomed!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Michael,

Yes, you can. You may want to visit this help article for more information on how you can do that. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LuiggiR

Hi Michael,

Yes, you can. You may want to visit this help article for more information on how you can do that. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
36b95467
Community Member

Thank you Luiggi!

36b95467
Community Member

Hi, Luigi, I noticed that we currently have 1 active milestone amounts the total contract. Can I break the milestone into several smaller one? There's this description on my screen when I try to change the milestone :  "This milestone is funded and active. You can only increase the amount. Please discuss any changes with the client first."

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please discuss any changes you would like to make with your client before submitting a request. Any changes that you propose will be sent to your client for review and they will have the option to accept or reject your suggestions.

To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

1. Go to My Jobs and open the contract
  2. From Milestones & Earnings, click Add/Edit Milestone
  3. Enter the details and click Send Request for Approval

For more information, kindly check this help article.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members