🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I promote my social media accounts in the...
Page options
sbluetechnologyy
Community Member

Can I promote my social media accounts in the Upwork proposals

Hi Folks,

Hoping you all doing fantastic

I am writing to inquire about the permissibility of promoting my other social media profiles, such as LinkedIn and Facebook, in my proposals on Upwork. Being as a Freelancer, I am looking to boost my online presence and expand my reach to potential clients. Including links to my professional social media profiles in my proposals seems like a strategic step towards achieving this goal.

However, I want to ensure that this practice aligns with Upwork's policies and guidelines. Could you kindly confirm whether promoting other social media profiles in proposals is allowed on the platform?

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response.

Kindest Regards,

Sanjay

1 REPLY 1
LuiggiR

Hi Sanjay,

Thank you for your message. Please note that sharing social media handles, accounts, or usernames is not allowed before a contract has started. You can, however, share links to external portfolios. 

We recognize that some of these links might include contact information and ways to identify and contact you outside the Upwork platform. When you share these outside links, please remind potential clients to only communicate with you through Upwork until a contract is in place. You may read more about it here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members