🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is enhancing your profile picture's quality u...
Page options
67a9045c
Community Member

Is enhancing your profile picture's quality using AI not permitted?

I've recently updated my profile picture and while doing so, this prompt caught my eye. So can any Upwork representative guide me if my current image is against the rule? I'll change it right away.

Thanks.

f679bf9e-54ba-4f56-95bc-14c8f000fa47.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
hoyle_editing
Community Member

You have kind of answered your own question really. Its quite clear that digitally altered images are not allowed.

On the other hand, will you get away with it?

I'd have thought so if all you have done is removed a background. As long as the person is a true image of you then id have thought it would be fine despite 'not being allowed'

(after all emails in job adverts are 'against the rules' yet they allow hundreds of them daily to post)

Yeah the picture is of me but I just wanted to make sure that using a tool to sharpen the quality of image will be an issue or not. And as Mr.Pradeep mentioned it's not, so I think it's ok.

PradeepH

Hi Ezan,

Thank you for your message. Yes, our profile picture guidelines do not allow logo, clip art, and digitally-altered picture which does not clearly show your face. You must have a real and easily verifiable profile picture on your Upwork profile. I checked your profile picture and it looks okay to me as long as the person in the photo is you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Yes, I am the person in the photo and I used a tool to make the photograph sharper as it was taken from a mobile phone camera which caused it to pixelate. And to remove the background.

the-right-writer
Community Member

Sincere question: do you really believe using computer generated enhancements is going to change how many clients hire you? Working on your introduction would be a much better idea, in my opinion. Also, your proposals. Clients don't care what you look like. I have seen, in particular, younger women who think what they are selling in the photo will translate into real work and it doesn't. Clients want to put a name with a face. It also makes them feel as if the freelancer is "real."

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members