🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can a client remove feedback after leaving it...
Page options
aziz_92
Community Member

Can a client remove feedback after leaving it?

I have a client that left me a 5* feedback. After the job ended, the client asked me if i'd be interested in working on site full time. I told them that I am not interested. This made them upset, and now, the next day I check my profile and their feedback is gone. It just says "No feedback received". I didn't know clients can remove feedback after leaving it? Is that possible?

Upon contacting upwork support, and asking them, it seems like they can? How is this possible? Furthermore, the support told me that she said 'she doesn't remember leaving me feedback' when I have texts from her saying she left me great feedback. How can i dispute this? She obviously did this out of spite and then lied to upwork to get the 5* removed. 

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Aziz U wrote:

I didn't know clients can remove feedback after leaving it? Is that possible?

Yes they can. They can't change it, but they can remove it.

Aziz U wrote:

How can i dispute this? She obviously did this out of spite and then lied to upwork to get the 5* removed. 

You can't dispute it, there is nothing to dispute, and the client didn't have to lie to get the feedback they left removed, they can do that at any time (as can you) and it really doesn't matter. Just roll your eyes and move on. It's doing you no harm. 

Petra R wrote:

Aziz U wrote:

I didn't know clients can remove feedback after leaving it? Is that possible?

Yes they can. They can't change it, but they can remove it.

Aziz U wrote:

How can i dispute this? She obviously did this out of spite and then lied to upwork to get the 5* removed. 

You can't dispute it, there is nothing to dispute, and the client didn't have to lie to get the feedback they left removed, they can do that at any time (as can you) and it really doesn't matter. Just roll your eyes and move on. It's doing you no harm. 

So clients can ask to have feedback removed FNR? Will that influence the JSS?

Jennifer R wrote:

So clients can ask to have feedback removed FNR? 

They can ask to remove the feedback they left, yes. As can freelancers. What does "FNR" stand for? (Google couldn't tell me either 😄 )

Jennifer R wrote:

Will that influence the JSS?

I wouldn't expect so, as it's only the stars and written feedback (if any) that is deleted.

rverang
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Jennifer R wrote:

So clients can ask to have feedback removed FNR? 

They can ask to remove the feedback they left, yes. As can freelancers. What does "FNR" stand for? (Google couldn't tell me either 😄 )

Jennifer R wrote:

Will that influence the JSS?

I wouldn't expect so, as it's only the stars and written feedback (if any) that is deleted.

Wild guess: For no reason

petra_r
Community Member

Renante V wrote:

What does "FNR" stand for? (Google couldn't tell me either 😄 )

Wild guess: For no reason

Ha! That would make sense! Thank you!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members