🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't Work with Client Through Upwork
Page options
cd4f3ebb
Community Member

Can't Work with Client Through Upwork

Howdy,

I've been working with a client via Direct Contract. The issue is that this client HAS an Upwork account but neither of us can figure out how he can contact me through his Upwork account and we can conduct business without using Direct Contract. I believe, if we figure this out, it may be easier to conduct business instead of doing Direct Contracts and we'd be able to leave reviews for each other.

I appreciate any insight you may have.

6 REPLIES 6
sajal36
Community Member

Best way is to look into community for the answer. Please go thorugh the link below and check on FAQ's:

Direct Contracts with Clients . It seems you will need to follow a specific process steps as financial are involved in conversion from Direct to upwork. I will suggest raise the support ticket for the same.

Community Member

The financials involved are the standard Upwork financials - there is no special process. I know from experience.

sajal36
Community Member

I believe there are conversion process. There are also difference in associated charges as you read in link posted above. Always remember to check underlying Term of services. Not everyone will know everything.so it is always better to check and best way is by raising the ticket.

Community Member

If your client already had an account on Upwork before you began business with them, then their agreement to use Direct Contracts was a violation of the Terms of Service - it is considered circumvention.

Regarding contacting you - all you have to do is send your profile link to your client. When you view your profile, there is a hyperlink icon that, when clicked, copies your profile URL to your clipboard. Then, when they go to your profile, they can directly invite you to a job that they post or even DM you.

25005175_0-1674119889169.png

sajal36
Community Member

He is already working with his client through direct contract..

Ah, I see, have them invite you to a job. All right, I appreciate the help!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members