🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't give feedback on client?
Page options
markpedersenlux
Community Member

Can't give feedback on client?

Hi, I can't give feedback to my last client, the option is not available in "terms & settings". the contract id is 23746084.

What can I do?

Thank You!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark P wrote:

Thank you for your fast answer! Sorry, I don't get it.. I submitted the work a week ago and the client have approved the milestone yesterday? Did I miss something?

Yes, the client did not end the contract after releasing the milestone.

Releasing money from Escrow / approving a milestone does not end a contract.

Ask the client if there is anything else they need at this stage, and to end the contract if not.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mark,

The reason you can't provide feedback for your client is because the contract is still open. Both parties can leave feedback for each other once a contract is closed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your fast answer! Sorry, I don't get it.. I submitted the work a week ago and the client have approved the milestone yesterday? Did I miss something?

Mark P wrote:

Yes, the client did not end the contract after releasing the milestone.

Releasing money from Escrow / approving a milestone does not end a contract.

Ask the client if there is anything else they need at this stage, and to end the contract if not.

I tried to contact the client two times in more than a week, no answer.. but thank you for the fast help!

Mark P wrote:

I tried to contact the client two times in more than a week, no answer.. but thank you for the fast help!

OK, stop chasing after the client, that can really backfire.

Leave it be, and if it's still open in a month or two or three, quietly close it yourself.

For now, do nothing.

Sorry, but I'm still don't understand the rating system.. I asked the client if she could approve the job after a week and then she just submitted the milestone, but did not end the contract. Isn't it bad for my score to have no feedback on a job? Shouldn't I end the contract myself before the 14 day period? It is a bit confusing for me. I'm new to Upwork and I really don't wan't to mess up my score at the beginning, because until now my other clients were very satified.

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind Regards.

Hi Mark,

I share your concern about the importance of client feedback for new Freelancers. I have found that many satisfied clients fail to close the contract despite my suggestion to do so.

My understanding is that you are correct about lack of client feedback having a negative impact on your JSS, which is so vital to build when you are a newcomer to Upwork. Unfortunately, we have no control over the client if they choose to ignore a request to end the job properly, and if you end it yourself you can forget about ever getting feedback.

I just read in the community how one freelancer separates his job into separate contracts instead of milestones, which means each contract must be closed before the next can begin. This would force the client into leaving feedback for all but the last contract, As was mentioned by the poster, you also get more feedback and a larger number of contracts.

Be  aware that changes to the JSS calculation on March 1, 2020, weight the impact on the JSS score based on the total dollar value of the contract, so take that into consideration when deciding whether to split a job into multiple contracts. Here is the link I received by email on March 2nd https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/Job-size-will-now-be-factored-into-your-JSS/m-p/697918...

I hope this helps!

Best,

Kathryn

Hi I have completed work and the client approved the milestone but he can't give feedback on my profile he send me the screenshot of what should we do.it's screenshot from the clientit's screenshot from the client

Hi Sadaqat,

You can ask your client to close the contract if they don’t have any more work they want to be done on it and they will be prompted to leave feedback. Here is the help article you can share with them.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Goran. I have a client that I haven't given a feedback with and it's already 3 months since the contract ended. I can no longer see some buttons to click to provide feedback. Can I really no longer give feedback to her?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Krizzia,

When a contract is closed both you and your client will have 14 days to provide feedback for eachother.
At the moment your client will need to use the option "enable freelancer to change feedback" so that you can provide feedback on the contract. 
Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
timefighter11
Community Member

@markpedersenlux wrote:

Hi, I can't give feedback to my last client, the option is not available in "terms & settings". the contract id is 23746084.

What can I do?

Thank You!

When was the contract ended? 
If it's more than 14 days ago, you can't give feedback. 
In this case, ask client to enable you for feedback.

Community Member

NEED HELP

hello, contract has ended, but when i click submit feedback it promoted window.IGLOO.getBlackbox is not a function

Hi Cyndy,

Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members