🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fake Top Rated Plus Badge?
Page options
0f3b409e
Community Member

Fake Top Rated Plus Badge?

Hi all,

Couple months ago I noticed my profile getting a level-up from Top Rated to Top Rated Plus. Or at least I thought it did, looking at the pink badge on my profile page. I soon noticed, however, that when someone else is viewing my Upwork profile, or if I do it in a different browser being logged out, it's still just the Top Rated badge. 

Since this doesn't seem to be a glitch or a browser issue, I can only guess it's a deliberate "feature" by Upwork for "extra-motivation" of freelancers  like me (just because something like this would be in their style). These badges are more or less useless anyway, I'm just curious to find out what is going on.. 

8 REPLIES 8
moonraker
Community Member

I see a TR+ badge

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

If you were a little more curious, you might look it up here where you would learn that the Top Rated Plus badge is only visible to clients on paid plans (Enterprise, Business, and some Plus clients) and in your Project Catalog if you have one.

Personally, I think the TR+ badge has had a positive impact on my business. 

petra_r
Community Member

Anton T wrote: I can only guess it's a deliberate "feature" by Upwork for "extra-motivation" of freelancers  like me (just because something like this would be in their style)

Seriously? That's a really way-out-there conspiracy theory.

0f3b409e
Community Member

That was an assumption not a theory. Like, if I said that it's a website feature developed as part of secret government experiment, and Upwork is run by reptiloids and that is why the website UI is green -- that would be a conspiracy theory 😉

Here's a strange thing. I can see the Top Rated Plus badge at first, but when I tighten my tinfoil hat it disappears. I've always suspected the government was beaming waves into my brain to make me hallucinate. Just shows you how important protective headgear is nowadays.

Yeah, tin foil hats is mostly the American thing I guess, not really popular here. I mean, brainwave protection is definitely important but I still need to look classy, you know? Here in Eastern Europe, we utilize those: 

kak-razgovarivaet-bydlo_12.jpg

0f3b409e
Community Member

That was an assumption not a theory.

ericaandrews
Community Member

I see a TR+ badge when I look at your profile.  The different badges also show up if you go to the 'search' bar at the top of the UW website, type a skill, select 'Talent' then search.   Trust me you can see the difference in the search, and I have had clients specifically invite me because of it.  There are also folks with 'Expert-vetted' badges.   Also, UW will often show limited or different profile information if you view a profile while 'logged out'. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members