🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't set up my account for a direct payment ...
Page options
inventum_legal
Community Member

Can't set up my account for a direct payment to a local bank

Hi!

I keep trying setting up Direct Payment to Local Bank. I have a USD account for an individual enterpreneur (Russia). I indicated all the info correctly, I checked once again with my bank. But the Upwork program keeps writing me that I did not indicate my account number correctly: "Invalid Account Number. Account numbers are 20 numeric digits. Digits from 6th to 8th position must be '810'. Account numbers beginning with 301, 302, 303, 47422 are not supported. IE or Company account types cannot begin with 423, 426 (please select 'Individual' in 'Account Type' for these bank account types). Individual account types cannot begin with 40702, 40802 (please select 'IE' or 'Company' 'Account Type').

I am sure the problem is on the Upwork website. The account I show is a valid IE account in USD. 

My guess is that the program shows that the currency is Russian roubles. I don't want to get payments in Russian roubles, because in addition to Upwork fee Upwork has a crazy currency exchange rate and takes more than 10% from each payment (for example, the current bank exchange rate is about 76 roubles  per dollar in my bank, and Upwork shows me 67 roubles per dollar, how fair is that? guys from Upwork, isn't 20% of fee enough for you?)

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Daria,

If you would like to withdraw your funds in USD you will need to set up a Wire transfer and not a Direct to local bank method. 
Direct to Local bank payment method allows you to withdraw your funds in your local currency. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
2729e08e
Community Member

So I'm also having a problem setting up this method of getting payed instantly. Im been forced to set up a payment schedule, which in turn tells me I can only withdraw when I have a certain amount in my account. Is there a way I can get the money from my upwork account into my local bank account??

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members