🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't submit proposals.
Page options
Moe D Community Member

Can't submit proposals.

I can't submit any more proposals. I have 26 remaining connects. The 'submit a proposal' is grayed out and unresponsive.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Avery O Community Manager

Hi Moe, 

I checked your account and can see that you are being asked to complete your video-chat verification which is why you are currently unable to submit proposals. Please complete the verification process so that the temporary limitation to your account can be lifted and you can start working on Upwork. 

~ Avery

View solution in original post

48 REPLIES 48
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Abul Hasnat Mohamm,

If you need more Connects to submit a proposal, you will have to purchase them from your account. Connects are not sold individually, but bundles begin at $1.50 for 10 Connects. Regardless of which bundle you choose, all Connects are priced at $0.15 apiece. Here are your bundle options:

10 for $1.50

20 for $3

40 for $6

60 for $9

80 for $12

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Michael G Community Member

Hi there

Great work helping Moe to solve his submit a proposal issue. I'm experiencing similiar, I can fill out proposals using my freelance and agency account but once I'm ready to hit the send button nothing happens. Can you help?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Michael,

Please try to clear your cache and cookies or log in via another browser to submit a proposal. If you're still experiencing the same problem after this, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Asma H Community Member

hello Avery I have the same problem the "submit proposal" bottom is greyed out so I'm not able to apply for jobs, even though I had certificated my id ,face, number and I had completed jobs before , my account has been suspended for no reason, I didn't get any notification from Upwork about what should I do, please check my account and help thanks in advance.

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Asma,

It looks like your team already reached out to you via support ticket regarding this. Please refer to your ticket here

~Andrea
Janiero B Community Member

hello, Avery me too, I cannot submit proposals on my upwork. pls help. thanks

Janiero B Community Member

hi. Im Janiero. Can someone help me understand upwork. i Am new user. and now connected to an agency. i want to maximize my upwork account by initiating another proposal to a client. but i cannot submit a proposal, and says my accoutn is private. how come? pls help me. thank you.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Janiero,

I have checked your account and it looks like you are an exclusive member of an agency. Please note that Agency members who are exclusive work on Upwork only as part of their agency. This is the most common type of agency relationship. Their profile and proposals are branded with the agency to make the agency’s part in the work relationship clear to clients. All contract payments are paid out to the agency. Exclusive members don’t have the option to submit proposals as an individual and all their proposals are submitted as members of the agency. Please check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Marvin A C Community Member

I also can't submit proposals. This has never happened before. I click the button and it just loads indefinately. I've checked my internet speed and it's 600 download 1k upload and I've tried with a vpn 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents to reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Alana B Community Member

Hi, 

I am having the same issue. I can't reply to a proposal, please help.

Thanks

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Alana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share a screenshot of the error message from your end so that we can check and assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
America Graciela F Community Member

Can you help me with this problem too, please. Someone sent me an invitation for a proposal and I can't, the 'submit a proposal' is grayed out and unresponsive.

Yasir P Community Member

I'm also facing the same problem. I create new account on upwork but 'submit a proposal' is grayed out and unresponsive. And i didn't get any email from upwork.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Yasir,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Lovely Anna R Community Member

Hi,

Can you help me solving this problem of mine. When I am submitting porposals this popped-out (To submit a proposal to this job, contact your manager about buying additional Connects), (These Connects transactions are from your freelancer activity. Since you are now exclusively an agency contractor, you can only view them). 

The problem is I don't have contacts in the agency anymore. 

Thanks in advance.

Lovely

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Lovely, 

You are an exclusive member of your team's agency. Agency members can submit proposals, drawing from the agency's collective balance of Connects. This means that if your agency doesn't have enough Connects, the agency's Business Manager will need to purchase additional Connects for the agency. Please contact your agency's Business Manager directly to be able to proceed with sending a proposal for the job you're interested in. Note that since you are an exclusive member of your agency, the contract will be associated with your agency. 

~ Avery
Myla Greziel V Community Member

Ok I want to share my experience on this and I just found out today, I chatted with 3 agents thanks to all the help but the problem was not solved. and i just found out myself. I noticed that the plugin I'm using like antivirus (I dont want to name it but it is from Chrome web store that caused this problem) and I dont know why.  When I uninstalled it and tadaaaahhhh I can now submit proposals!!

Hriday P Community Member

Hello there! Moe D, I am unable to submit any job proposals in upwork. And I have issues buying connects and also I did a job for my client I haven't recived my pay he terminated the contract after the job was done and sent me the money it isn't a problem from my clients end but there are many issues which are occuring from the sites end. Reach out to me and help me ASAP! I've been facing these type of problems since 4 days. Customer care isn't responding well either it's like I'm taking to nobody. 

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Hriday,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like  one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page. Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further with your account.

~ Nikola
Oseni Deborah A Community Member

I verified my freelancer account on upwork since Monday and each time i try to submit a proposal it always bounce back to verify your account which i have done before.

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Oseni,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Gee Bite O Community Member

Hello Support team,

I have an offer but noticed also that the "submit proposal" button is inactive. Also, the "select duration" is not yielding the drop down menu. I will be glad to get a response soon so I wont lose the opportunity.

Thanks

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Gee,

I am sorry to hear about the issue experienced while accepting an interview invitation. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members