🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Certifications
Page options
arizm
Community Member

Certifications

Hello! I just finished some courses about SEO on Coursera & UcDavis. I wanted to add them to my certifications but the custom certificate adding system is gone? Please advise. 

Google SEO.jpg

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi A N M A,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our team. 
I would like to clarify that at the moment, you can add certifications only from our list Here. Freelancers also have the option to add up to two custom certifications (certifications that are not on our list). 

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi A N M,

Currently, only validated certifications can be added under the "Certifications" section of your profile. You can, however, use your portfolio or overview to add certificate you have provided there is no contact information in it. You can find more tips, instructions, and related policies in this help article.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
arizm
Community Member

The direct contact information like phone number is not in the certification. But the validation link is on the bottom right. All the Coursera course certificates are the same. On top, the course is certified by Coursera and the University of California, Davis. Per advice, I reviewed the help article but am not sure if I am getting what I am looking for. I am truly surprised about Upwork not accepting certificates from top Online credible learning platforms like Udemy and Coursera while also disregarding them as ineligible for validated certificates. I humbly request Upwork certification overseers to reconsider the certification validation system for specific niches like SEO and others.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi A N M A,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our team. 
I would like to clarify that at the moment, you can add certifications only from our list Here. Freelancers also have the option to add up to two custom certifications (certifications that are not on our list). 

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members