🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Chime Bank Account and Address
Page options
e6b08e8d
Community Member

Chime Bank Account and Address

Potentional employer had me on 3 day trial and told me to sign up for chime to get upfront payment. They said the cashier department has a company account to pay me. They said they need the chime's account number and my address to add me to give payment.

Does this sound strange?

7 REPLIES 7
spectralua
Community Member

This sound clear, it is a common scam. 🙂

You cannot share any numbers\IDs before contract.

Upwork already have all required to proceed contract.

No free trials allowed, no outside pre\post-payments allowed.

I did work for a few days....i am new to this. How can i report this?

Flag the messages. That may get Upwork to take action against the "client," but there is no way to get you paid if there wasn't an upwork contract with either a verified payment method for hourly or funds in escrow for fixed price. 

Thank you!!!

e6b08e8d
Community Member

I am so sad...this is my fault, i understand. I just needed a job, i can't belive people do this to  others. 

Take lesson. Read forum, ToS. Or you will be scammed again and again.

ArjayM

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this here in the Community. It's important to know that real clients will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. 

I've shared your report with our Trust & Safety team for further review. They'll surely look into your report and take action accordingly if necessary. For now, we encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Additionally, you may want to check this help article and this thread for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork.

**Edited to Update Information**

I just received an update from the team and it seems that the job has been taken down in violation of Upwork ToS and action has been taken on the client account. We truly appreciate you reporting this here in the Community!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members