🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Clarification Regarding Missing Rating from P...
Page options
04fd0250
Community Member

Clarification Regarding Missing Rating from Previous Client

Hello Upwork Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm writing today to seek clarification and guidance regarding a recent situation I encountered with a previous client. Despite completing a successful project and receiving positive feedback, I did not receive a rating from the client on Upwork, and I am unable to understand the reason behind this.any solutions out there!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Wissal,

Thank you for reaching out and raising this query here in the Community. On Upwork, neither party is necessarily required to leave feedback. Lack of feedback does not impact your Job Success Score, either. While we know it’s ideal for all your clients to leave feedback, neither you nor we can require them to do so. Your best bet is to ask for honest feedback politely. You may check this help article to learn more about the best practices when approaching clients for feedback.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hoyle_editing
Community Member

Looking at your profile it seems you have just 1 completed jib and the client did not leave feedback.

Also, I would only ask once, if the client hasn't done it, then chalk it down to experience and try and handle the next client differently

If you want to ensure the client leaves feedback I would suggest asking the client to close the contract, this will then ensure that feedback is collected when they close things down. 

If YOU close the contract, then you would need to ask the client to leave the feedback. I find this often doesn't happen unless it's a client that uses Upwotk lots and is familiar with the system

thank you for the advice

ArjayM

Hi Wissal,

Thank you for reaching out and raising this query here in the Community. On Upwork, neither party is necessarily required to leave feedback. Lack of feedback does not impact your Job Success Score, either. While we know it’s ideal for all your clients to leave feedback, neither you nor we can require them to do so. Your best bet is to ask for honest feedback politely. You may check this help article to learn more about the best practices when approaching clients for feedback.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members