🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Clarity on refund of connects
Page options
khushbu_gohil
Community Member

Clarity on refund of connects

Hii everyone!

I love to work on Upwork and their uplifting community always inspire me to do more work and achieve a goal 😊

bBut I just want to share about clarity on Upwork connects return, earlier I was thinking same like why it's not refund even if I am out of 4 bid but true is that sentence nothing meaningful or not have whole trust that what I personally feel and my vision, if Upwork can write this sentence why they didn't simply write you will only refund your connect when project is cancelled by client or job is violated. It's simple but Upwork write little bit misleading sentence. That 2 sentence meaning is far different anyone can understand...isn't it?

as you can see while applying at job post,

Boost your proposal (optional)

Bid for one of 4 boosted spaces at the top of the client’s proposal list.

How bidding works
  • You'll be charged your bid if the client interacts with your proposal, or you're one of the top 4 bidders by the time the auction closes.
  • You'll be refunded your bid if you're outbid from the top 4 slots before the client interacts with your proposal.

REMEMBER THIS THING YOU (FREELANCERS) WILL NEVER GET REFUND EVEN IF YOU ARE OUT OF 4 SLOTS...WHY??

Due to this,

Returned Connects

Sometimes, a project may get canceled or a job may be removed from Upwork without a hire. In the following cases, these Connects will be returned:

• If a project is canceled by the client before a contract is made, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned. This does not apply to expired job posts
  • If we remove a project’s post because we believe it violates our Terms of Service, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned

If you have applied for a job and it’s no longer available because of a violation or you used Connects on a job proposal that turns out to be fraud, we will return them. In these cases, Connects are credited back to your account for reuse — not for a refund of their cash value

so chances or job close by client and violation job close by Upwork is 0.1% to 1% I guess because majority clients keep their job open even they don't want to hire someone and job expired and you don't get refund of connects.

I would like to fellow freelancers opinion on it, Upwork have to clarify this sentence on bid section or not?

majority freelancers are not fully aware when they actually they will get refund of connects are their chances are very less.

Best Regards,

Khushbu

3 REPLIES 3
matthewschenker
Community Member

Hi Khushbu G,

This is such an obvious scam, it's embarrassing that any freelancers continue to fall for it!

How can Upwork promise everyone that they'll be boosted? If that were true, it would just be the same as it started without boosts!

And from what you're posting, Upwork is saying your connects will be returned if you're not in the top 4. That means that for a job with 50 applicants, and 20 boosts, 16 applicants get their connects refunded! They seriously think we believe this?

I no longer boost my proposals. But in the past, I've applied for jobs where my credentials are a PERFECT match for the job, I've paid for boosts, my proposal is not even viewed, and I never got my connects returned.

Yes since last week my my proposal never view by clients why? Those are AI automated posts only?

I don't recall who found the number, but the chances of boosting your proposal making any difference in hiring was listed as 6%. I'll see if I can find the calculation. Upwork uses figures in their ads, but you have to pay close attention. Rarely do they use hiring figures, it might be in views.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members