🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Demands refund after two months of the...
Page options
aqwebdeveloper
Community Member

Client Demands refund after two months of the auto approved payment.

I have worked for a client a few months ago. The client created a milestone of almost half of the payment. I submit my work which is about 80% completed on the first milestone. Which was auto-approved by Upwork after 14 days. Now after two months client made a refund request and alleging me that I am unprofessional and unresponsive. I am curious about my JSS and the negative reviews he may give to me. Please guide me about this.

Abdullah **Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
alysegoody
Community Member

Is the contract still open? The client won't get anywhere with the refund request if it's been over 30 days since the funds were paid. 

petra_r
Community Member

Abdullah Q wrote:

I am curious about my JSS and the negative reviews he may give to me. Please guide me about this.

Is there any money in Escrow? Why did you an 80% complete milestone?

If there is no money in Escrow, the client can no longer dispute, but of course whatever feedback they leave when closing the contract will affect your JSS

Alice G wrote:

Is the contract still open? The client won't get anywhere with the refund request if it's been over 30 days since the funds were paid. 

Unless there is money in Escrow.... If there is money in escrow, OR the last milestone was released 30 or less days ago, the entire contract becomes disputable.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members