🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Wants Second Account to Avoid Conflict...
Page options
cs-hurt
Community Member

Client Wants Second Account to Avoid Conflict of Interest

I was hired by an Upwork client several months ago, and at this point they would like me to also have permissions to make Upwork job postings, interview candidates and hire them.

I have made a Client profile joined to their account, so that I have both Freelancer and Client profiles with my Gmail login address.

The Client would like me to use an account with their hosted email domain. I have told them this is a violation of the Upwork ToS, which they understand.

How can they be reassured that my access to the Client profile is not a conflict of interest? Can my Client profile use a different email address than my Freelancer profile?

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Christopher,

I'm not sure in what aspect you would like to assure the client that this is not a conflict of interest. But, your client can invite you to their team and give you a "Hiring" permission. This way you will be able to post jobs and source talent on Upwork. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article
If I misunderstood something, please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details so that I can advise you accordingly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members