🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client asked for a refund on hourly contract
Page options
1f405438
Community Member

Client asked for a refund on hourly contract

Dear support ,I have a client that’s is requesting for a refund on an hourly contract and I do not know how to go about it ,kindly help...
8 REPLIES 8
2a05aa63
Community Member

Ifemayowa O wrote:
Dear support ,I have a client that’s is requesting for a refund on an hourly contract and I do not know how to go about it ,kindly help...

what is the reason they are requesting it? Do you have an active contract?

Yes , we have an active hourly contract...He said I logged in more than the minutes I was supposed to work for and later said he wants a refund and I do not know how to go about ITV

The client should not be asking you for a refund.

What is it that you are asking for help with?

Do you want to know how to issue a refund?
Or do you want to know how to politely tell the client no?

I want to issue a refund...

Hi Ifemayowa,

If you would like to refund time on an active contract for the current week, you can remove the time from your Work Diary and your client will not be billed for the removed hours. On the other hand, if your client has already been billed for this time, you can find how to issue a refund here.

~Andrea
Upwork
1f405438
Community Member

My client has already been billed and I would like to make a refund but here’s what I got...

I already deleted the number of hours I worked for but I’m not sure if the client has been charged... kindly help

Hi Ifemayowa,

Could you please confirm the Contract ID of the project you're referring to so I could check?

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members