🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client being unreasonable to end the contract...
Page options
omkarfrozen
Community Member

Client being unreasonable to end the contract and requesting whole return after all the work is done

I had started a contract onn a project where his current developer was not able to play music in background mode. So the orignal task had 4-5 other features related to playing music in a app.

It was supposed to be 4-5 hours work so I accepted the offer and after completing the tasks I sent him a build to verify the items, he conviniently started adding new items in the requirement which I agreed to do, after spending 15+ hours, I asked him I will work on the new changes as well in the same budget but atleast release 70% of the amount as orignal requirment is already done.

He agreed that orignal tasks were done and later disappeared for 3-4 days, and suddenly today he requested a refund on upwork.

He gave the reasons that his developer is not happy and he wanted other features as well which were never discussed to be completed.

I really don't want to waste my time going into dispute for just $150 after already spending 30-40 hours on this app.

What would be the best to get out of this without affecting my JSS

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Omkar,

I'm sorry to hear about how your contract with this client turned out. I understand that you are not willing to dispute the refund requested. If you prefer to refund your client, you can accept it by agreeing to the refund request. Refunds do not directly impact your Job Success Score. Please know that once the contract is ended, the client can leave feedback that may affect your JSS score. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members