🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client cancelled contract.
Page options
inessa_10
Community Member

Client cancelled contract.

Hi . Yesterday I started fixed project.

Client said want to complete in 1~2 days. I allowed that and started project.

This morning, I sent my progress that completed about 80% of whole project. After check he sent one review. After 10 minutes he end contract. I asked about reason but he don't reply.

I don't want money from him but I don't want lose my JSS. 

Please help me what I can do now.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
kinector
Community Member

Inessa, what makes you think you will get a bad review?

The way you write this, I'm not sure if the project was closed or canceled. Once closed and you've left your feedback you will see the feedback the client left you.

Anyway, as the contract is already closed, I don't think you can actually do anything at this point anymore.

That ship has sailed / That coconut got eaten already.

Thank you for your reply.

I don't think he leave bad feedback. But when client cancelled contract, I think it bad for my JSS.

Colud your tell me about this.

Thank you.

If something was paid and released to you and you're absolutely sure the project failed, you could give a refund.

If you've done a good job, you shouldn't, of course.

Thank you.

I have a question.

Client can ask about deal externally?

He asked  like this.

"Any chance you would want to deal externally?

I know there will be a 20%transaction fee"

Of cource I didn't allowed it and started on upwork.

It is possible for client?

Hi Inessa,

Please keep in mind that accepting or offering to get paid outside of Upwork is a violation of our TOS. Feel free to reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details about this and our team will investigate the client further.

To learn more about getting started on Upwork and how to protect yourself, check out our resources Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Inessa, the only reason for Upwork to function is that the platform fees are paid. Which also means the biggest violation you could ever do is to go around the system somehow to avoid paying the fees.

You MUST report such clients.

I would also consider blocking them so you don't accidentally cross paths in the future.

Thank you Mikko.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members