🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is not respondin
Page options
huzaifa7sky
Community Member

Client is not respondin

Hello,

My query is regarding the contract 

I got this contract a week ago, I and client were agreed on the budget and task after starting the contract he changed the requirement and task than when I checked that task I found that the changed task is a bit more complex than the one we finalized initially, I explain the complexity to the client and ask for an extension in time and budget, it's been more 2 3 days I didn't get any response from him and the deadline has been passed as well, now what should I do? I don't want my profile to be in a bad phase 

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Client is not responding"

Clients are not required to respond.

I get paid whether or not the client responds.

Click the "Submit work for payment" button.

Wait 14 days.

You will be paid automatically if the client does nothing.

Don't worry about that missed deadline. Upwork algorithms ignore that deadline. It doesn't programmatically impact JSS.

I can't submit for payment as I haven't received the go-ahead from the client regarding the task because he changed the requirements and tasks(as mentioned in my initial message above), I don't need that money I am just afraid that my profile shouldn't go to with bad reviews

There is no such thing as "changing the tasks" in a fixed-price contract.

You and the client are using the fixed-price contract model incorrectly.

If the client wants to change anything, he should have released all escrow money and set up a new milestone, or a new fixed-price contract, or a new hourly contract.

You should click the Submit button now, and then get paid.

If all you care about is not having a bad review appear on your profile page, then close the contract now, refunding any escrow money to the client, to ensure the contract does not appear on your page.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members