🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I'm new On upwork not hire any client.
Page options
092e4a6d
Community Member

I'm new On upwork not hire any client.

Hi Dear 

I'm new on Upwork.

I am trying to send proposals every day from November, 2021.

I got only one job in 3 months.

Some clients do interviews but do not HIRE.

My shop has been in India (Jamnagar City) for last 15 years and I have experience in Graphic Designing.

I'll use Adobe Illustrator. My work is Business Card, Banner, Poster, Flyer etc. 

But Now i will spend my Designing work through Upwork because Upwork is best platform.

Please dear friend help me how can do it then I'll Top Rated Plus Freelancer in Upwork

My profile : 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~010580de72d9d954ce

Thanks

Chirag Pansara

9 REPLIES 9
a_lipsey
Community Member

Hi Chirag, my guess is that your profile and proposals could use some work. Your profile is pretty basic and doesn't really speak to me about how you'll solve my problem as a client. Rather than making your profile about you and what you do, try and gear it to telling the client how you'll solve their problem. Think of what kind of clients you want and what projects they need, and write your profile to that versus writing it generally about you, which is what it is now. Same goes for your proposals. Make sure they are about the client, the client's job, and what they need, and less about you, your credentials/education/experience, what you do. The client wants to know first and foremost how you will help them solve their problem (their problem being the job they need done). 

Also, just on a technical English note to help you, the way you opened your post here "Hello Dear", if you are doing that on your proposals, you'll want to stop that. It's common to confuse this convention in English, because in English we start formal letters and emails with the salutation "Dear Chirag" but the way you have used it "Hello Dear" is not the same and infers the use of "dear" in the same vein as "darling". You wouldn't call a client or colleague your "darling". I know it's a confusing convention. Just start your proposals with "Hello" and nix the "dear" and that might help quite a bit too, since it's a "tell" about English proficiency. 

TLDR: Clean up your profile and proposals and that will help you land more jobs. 🙂 

Send a sample cover letter based on your experience

Chirag P wrote:

Send a sample cover letter based on your experience

Amanda has given you great advice to improve your profile, and so has Christine.
So what I think you should do is follow them.
Above all, carefully review your portfolio.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Your portfolio should only contain designs that you created yourself. Clients can look up images and see whether you got them from another website. 

lovingbrother
Community Member

Hi Chirag,

It's good you've gotten your first gig in 3 months that you've been here.

I will suggest that you optimise your profile and add more portfolio of your best designs. Also work on your proposals to clients, it should not be generic but specific to each client's request. Also try to apply for gigs early enough, be among the first 5 to apply.

Cheers

Jonah S wrote:

Hi Chirag,

It's good you've gotten your first gig in 3 months that you've been here.

I will suggest that you optimise your profile and add more portfolio of your best designs. Also work on your proposals to clients, it should not be generic but specific to each client's request. Also try to apply for gigs early enough, be among the first 5 to apply.

Cheers

Actually, OP should create a whole new portfolio with HIS best creations.

mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Chirag, I would suggest you re-do your portfolio with your own, original work.  Right now.

Mary W wrote:

Chirag, I would suggest you re-do your portfolio with your own, original work.  Right now.

Thanks for the help, I no longer knew how to tell him without someone calling my attention 😉

ok Mary ji....

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members