🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client not honoring contract.
Page options
3f5ab033
Community Member

Client not honoring contract.

Hi,

A client came into an agreement with me for a job. Upon requesting the details, he requested to chat on whatsapp and now he is stating he doesn't have a job. The Job shows in my dashboard. I am unable to sort it out. Please guide.

Job link is as below.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CIients are allowed to end projects at any time. This is the nature of freelancing and no breach of contract has occurred. The freelancer didn't do any work, so no money is owed.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
8888655c
Community Member

"Breach of contract" is a legal term that describes the violation of a contract or an agreement that occurs when one party fails to fulfill its promises according to the provisions of the agreement. Sometimes it involves interfering with the ability of another party to fulfill his duties.

CIients are allowed to end projects at any time. This is the nature of freelancing and no breach of contract has occurred. The freelancer didn't do any work, so no money is owed.

"Breach of contract" is a phrase best left for non-Upwork situations. It has no practical application within the Upwork platform.

Upwork 100% supports a freelancer's ability to end a contract at any time.

Upwork 100% supports a client's ability to end a contract at any time.

Thanks for the enlightening response.

Thank You for clearing the doubt.

Apprciate your time & effort to google the definition that i learnt almost 2 decades ago.

https://www.thebalancesmb.com/breach-of-contract-398138

3f5ab033_0-1662709997260.png

8888655c
Community Member

What if client does not approve work on Upwork?
If your client fails to respond to your submission, we will automatically release the funds after 14 days.**Edited for Community Guidelines**. If they respond but refuse the work and you believe that you have completed the work according to the agreed terms, you have the option to file a dispute.

This was an hourly contract - I knew this from looking at the screen shots in the original post, which Upwork has now deleted for privacy reasons - so there was nothing for the client to approve. Also, if you read the post, Noman says that he never started working on the project. So again, no breach of contract has occurred; no time was logged, and there's nothing to dispute.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members