🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client's Payment Method changed from Verified...
Page options
cordeiro_shaun
Community Member

Client's Payment Method changed from Verified to Unverified after Billing

When I started a recent contract with a client, their billing method was verified. Now, it says the method is unverified--after they were billed. They previously had a verified payment method, as evidenced by the money they've spent on the platform. I understand hourly protection isn't guaranteed when you accept a job when a client's payment method hasn't been verified. I don't do that, ever. It was previously verified when I accepted the job, and I want to ensure that I am covered under payment protection. Also, I need access to the screenshots from the work diary and can't seem to see those. I know at least one of them will be messages between us, where you can see that the client's payment method was verified. The funds are "in review," and while I can see the timesheet, I cannot see the screenshots, and I need those to prove my case. I just KNOW that Upwork is going to try not to pay me for this work.

1 REPLY 1
cordeiro_shaun
Community Member

I wanted to add that the project recently appeared as a "completed job" in my profile, so I'm hopeful the method was successfully charged at some point this past week. Additionally, I received screenshots from Upwork but have yet to review them. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members