🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client says that Upwork will automatically bi...
Page options
f6f5e766
Community Member

Client says that Upwork will automatically bill him for any missing payments/hours

Hi, So I have a long term client that I am working with for the past few months. A few days ago, his account was suspended for a declined card and at that week I have worked for 48 hours and I have also logged that time in the upwork time tracker software. I also had my the last week's work in the "In Review" section. So after a couple of days, Upwork showed that It refunded the client, The reason was for Manual Time. I completely understand that any Manual Time logged is not covered in the Upwork Hourly Protection. After 1 day my client got back to me saying that he will give me as a bonus payment as soon as the payment issue is solved as Upwork support told him. So, the issue has been fixed a few hours ago. And I am now able to work on his contract. So, I asked him about the bonus and he told that "upwork said they were going to bill me for any missing payments/hours"

I want to know if upwork is actually going to charge my client automatically for any missing weekly payments.

1 REPLY 1
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Tauhedush,

Generally, if hours are reversed because they didn't meet the criteria for Upwork’s Hourly Protection policy and the payment wasn't successful, the client would need to issue a bonus for the reversed amount. These hours are not billed automatically once the issue with the payment is resolved. You may discuss this directly with your client and refer to the notification our team sent you earlier for more information.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members