🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client wants to end the contract before my pa...
Page options
plajvi
Community Member

Client wants to end the contract before my payment is on my Upwork balance

Hello. 🙂

I'd like to ask a question. My client wants to end the contract because the project is finished. It's a fixed-price contract and the final milestone is approved. There is a 5-day delay from the moment milestone is approved to the completion of the payment. The payment is already in my transaction history (milestone was approved today, May 6th, and the money should be on my balance on May 11th.)

My question is: If the client ends the contract in the meantime (before May 11th), will it have any negative implications on the payment? Or is it only safe to end the contract after May 11th when the money is on my Upwork balance?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Vladimir O wrote:

My client wants to end the contract because the project is finished. It's a fixed-price contract and the final milestone is approved.

My question is: If the client ends the contract in the meantime (before May 11th), will it have any negative implications on the payment? .

None at all. As long as the milestone was approved, you're safe.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Vladimir O wrote:

My client wants to end the contract because the project is finished. It's a fixed-price contract and the final milestone is approved.

My question is: If the client ends the contract in the meantime (before May 11th), will it have any negative implications on the payment? .

None at all. As long as the milestone was approved, you're safe.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members