🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client was not banned after charge back
Page options
alexidsa
Community Member

Client was not banned after charge back

I've had a contract which ended up in arbitration which I won. A client made a chargeback but Upwork managed to convince his bank to retun the money. After I asked Upwork if it's possible to change/remove a negative review (after all, I won a paid arbitration), I was said it was not possible but as the client tried to commit a fraud he would be banned and his review would not considered as part of JSS calculation. It did not happen, my JSS was still affected even months later. Then the client somehow managed to make another chargeback (though for smaller amount) and this time he succeeded. Upwork's support again promised me the client will get banned (this time - for sure) but it did not happen as my JSS is still affected a month later and I clearly see the client has in-progress jobs on Upwork. I'd like to hear what the community/moderators think about it as it does seem like Upwork is vioating its own terms where they're saying in this kind of cases negative feedback will not influence your JSS

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

That contract will fall out of your 6 months JSS window this month, for what it's worth.

Not being able to see the job post as the contract is private I can't comment in any meaningful way on the rest.

Are you saying the client has been able to  start new contracts since the 2nd chargeback?

alexidsa
Community Member

Does Upwork count 6 months from the project start or finish? If it's the start, then you're right, it's gonna loose influence quite soon (still unpleasant though).

Yes, he was able to create contracts both after the first and the second chargebacks

petra_r
Community Member

Alex wrote:

Does Upwork count 6 months from the project start or finish?

Finish - Didn't the contract end in December?

Alex wrote:

Does Upwork count 6 months from the project start or finish?

Yes, he was able to create contracts both after the first and the second chargebacks

That is most unusual!!

alexidsa
Community Member

You're right. Just checked. The contract ended on the 15th of
December. But obviously I would prefer it to have zero influence on my
12 and 24 months JSS.

It is strange. I understand Upwork is doing everything it can to
benefit clients, not freelancers (there're so many of them) but it
does seem to be to much when the client has proven (twice) he's open
to violate Upwork's rules.

It is really sad and unfortunate, but UpWork could care less about a measly freelancer. 

jeremiah-brown
Community Member

yup

I read your story and that is really crazy! That proves my point even more! I wish UpWork cared about us more.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members