🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Completed first job and sent 50+ proposals up...
Page options
hhk93627
Community Member

Completed first job and sent 50+ proposals uptil now and counting. Why am I not getting responses?

Hello everyone!

I have been submitting responses matching my skills and expertise for weeks. I completed my first job and the feedback was great.

My confidence level has been boosted from first job but I need some honest advice about what I am doing wrong due to which I am not getting responses.

I have faith that one day I'll earn a top rated plus badge and make my living from here.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Offering to work for free for a whole month? Now you planted the concept in the client's mind that your work might be so bad that you agree to never get paid. 

You are currently employed full-time? That tells the client that you are either slacking off on your job, or can't be very responsive, and likely will be doing his work when you are really tired and will not be able to focus on the task. 

Finally, but most importantly, your profile lacks client focus. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Offering to work for free for a whole month? Now you planted the concept in the client's mind that your work might be so bad that you agree to never get paid. 

You are currently employed full-time? That tells the client that you are either slacking off on your job, or can't be very responsive, and likely will be doing his work when you are really tired and will not be able to focus on the task. 

Finally, but most importantly, your profile lacks client focus. 

hhk93627
Community Member

Thank you Martina! I understand your perspective. I'll make the changes you pointed out. Also, can you please specify the reasons why my profile lacks focus? Or what seems to be missing?

You are talking about yourself, when you should be talking to the client. 

hhk93627
Community Member

I changed my entire description. Now I am focusing on what my client will think while reading it. Thank you for such a wonderful advice. Hope this will help me in getting responses. 👍

Good job! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members