🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects indirectly wasted
Page options
craftandsew75
Community Member

Connects indirectly wasted

Hi. Too much trawl, so just wanted to know, is there a way to speak to a client regarding a job proposal ONLY because the job posting lacks any important content?
e.g. "I'm looking for someone to sew a tech pack"
This is a very poor posting, which I see quite a lot, sometimes from a payment client.
The posting doesn't include any key basic information, such as what is the sewing and quality/quantity etc...so does the freelancer have to then waste connects, just to ask the client for this important information? (For those who don't know how a professional sewing technician finds suitable jobs, they need to know the quantities and the materials because depending on the time needed to make something from scratch, the labour has to be justifiable, that's why in this case, the information is very important and not to waste both parties time).
The mandatory information required isn't part of the freelancers skills and proposal and therefore shouldn't have to waste them because of a poor job posting. Does Upwork offer support on situations like this?
2 REPLIES 2
wescowley
Community Member

Ruby C wrote:
Hi. Too much trawl, so just wanted to know, is there a way to speak to a client regarding a job proposal ONLY because the job posting lacks any important content?
e.g. "I'm looking for someone to sew a tech pack"

No there is not. You have to make a decision for yourself on whether it's worth using the connects to apply and ask the questions you need.

roberty1y
Community Member

Probably the best way to treat job postings that are too vague is to ignore them. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members