🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Connect not refunded?
Page options
a77045c6
Community Member

Connects

Hi everyone, 

I'm curious if anyone could let me know why some tasks required only 1 connect, but many tasks required 6 connects.

Thank you,

Apinia

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

As a freelancer or agency, you'll use Connects to Submit Proposals and let clients know you're interested in their project. You receive ten free Connects every month at the beginning of your billing cycle and bonuses for some interviews you win. We will send you a notification in Upwork (notification bell) and an email when you earn free Connects. For more information on how this works, check out our guide here.

To purchase Connects, go to Settings > Membership & Connects and click on the green 'Add More Connects' button. From there, select the amount to buy and click on the 'Buy Connects' button. Please note, that if you have sufficient funds on your Upwork balance, the charge will be applied to your Upwork balance. You can check out this help article to learn about the available Billing Methods.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

878 REPLIES 878

Connects are considered a business expense. If you need more Connects, you can buy more or wait for the next free ones included in your monthly membership plan.

Thank you so much Sopie A:

What happens to the Connects of a new member on a freelancing platform if they haven't received any projects yet and their account is empty, but their Connects have been spent and captured by clients who don't clear their job in either a close or pending status?

Warm regards. 

Hi saadia:

Important question from your side, it takes time to refund. You will have to wait for the job to close.

In contination to your question I want to add some thing, If my connects are consumed and jobs are not closed, so what can be the solution to this ?,  Is there any solution available ?

I want to ask it from Luiggi R (Upwork).

Regards

They have already answered you several times.
Why do you ask the same thing over and over again when you have already received the answer?
Maybe you should take the ACADEMY courses because I'm afraid you don't know how the platform works.
If you need more connects, you need to buy them.
Once you have sent a proposal, forget about the spent connects and if they return them to you, they are welcome and if they don't, as @Sophie A told you, it is a commercial expense and as such you must assume it.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

As a freelancer or agency, you'll use Connects to Submit Proposals and let clients know you're interested in their project. You receive ten free Connects every month at the beginning of your billing cycle and bonuses for some interviews you win. We will send you a notification in Upwork (notification bell) and an email when you earn free Connects. For more information on how this works, check out our guide here.

To purchase Connects, go to Settings > Membership & Connects and click on the green 'Add More Connects' button. From there, select the amount to buy and click on the 'Buy Connects' button. Please note, that if you have sufficient funds on your Upwork balance, the charge will be applied to your Upwork balance. You can check out this help article to learn about the available Billing Methods.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
67f1d16e
Community Member

Hi Andrea, I tried buying Connects with my MasterCard but my card was declined. What did I do wrong? 

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Agnes,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi all,

What is support ticket?
af45c83c
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

My connects are expiring each month and now I am left with 3 connects only. Can you please tell me how can I get back my connects or should I have to purchase?

Thanks,

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Hamid,

Connects are not earned back after your use them to apply for jobs or to turn on your Availability Badge unless the job you applied to was taken down due to a ToS violation or the client closed the job without hiring.

You may purchase additional Connects if you want to continue applying for jobs.

~ AJ
Upwork
bb384f96
Community Member

My dear, Today I want to submit some job proposal but I can't any proposal submit because I have only 10 connects need above 10 connects. Ok, now I want to know that, If this month I don't submit any job proposal, then my connect balance will exist? and next month my connects balance will be 10+10 =20 connects? pls advice me.

Hi Khokon,

Yes, that's correct. If you do not use up all your existing Connects before the next month, you will have 20 Connects as your new balance after adding the 10 new Connects. This is assuming that none of your current Connects will expire before the next month. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you so much for your valuable answer and consultant.

Hey Andrea G,

Thank you for insights. This helped a lot. 

1554dd7c
Community Member

Good suggestion 

1554dd7c
Community Member

Very difficult to get jobs on upwork.now we need more connect to send proposal on upwork.As a social media marketing manager I am struggle to get job on upwork.

1fbccaeb
Community Member

How to buy Upwork connect

Hi Dure,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To purchase additional Connects please follow the steps below.

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Memberships & Connects
  3. Click Add More Connects

Once you’ve selected the bundle you wish to purchase, click Add Connects and your account will automatically be charged. You can find more information in this help article

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

need your assistance regarding a connect refund issue.

I applied for a job on November 1, 2023, and Upwork refunded my boosted connects on November 8, 2023, due to a boost outbid, as per my connects history.

However, the refunded connects do not affect or add to the total amount of connects in my history

Hi Mahmudur,

I can see that your balance accurately reflects the number of Connects that were refunded. Before the refund, your Connects balance was 8, and it increased to 58 after the refund.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
333089bc
Community Member

Hi, I got notified of my January connects, which I haven't used yet, and now can't access it. I wanted to apply for a project earlier and it said I'm out of connect. What's happening? 

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Oluwatoyin,

I checked your account and can see that the Connects were credited to your account on the 3rd of January. However, you have the Availability Badge activated so it was consuming your Connects balance.

Please keep in mind that the Availability Badge is best used when you have ongoing projects. The purpose of this badge is to let clients know that you're available to work. When freelancers who have ongoing projects have this badge, the clients will know that they can still take on another project and not skip their profile with the assumption that they don't have the bandwidth to take on new projects.

Since you do not have any ongoing projects, your availability is already given so the Availability Badge may not be beneficial for you. It is best if you use them to submit proposals moving forward. 

~ AJ
Upwork
7ebbf30f
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I created a new account and have not received my 50 free connects yet
Please check my accountIt has been more than 48 hours and I have not received a connects.

And I don't have a payment method to add.

Hi Ahmed,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
4fc2ea0e
Community Member

As a beginner on Upwork, I was given 50 connects. While exploring my profile and other tabs, I noticed an offer from Upwork to acquire an additional 50 connects by linking a "payment method" or similar. However, at that time, I didn't have any payment method to add. Now that I do, I want to link it, but I'm unable to find that offer. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could assist me with this.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members