🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: how i can get free connects
Page options
Apinia R Community Member

Connects

Hi everyone, 

I'm curious if anyone could let me know why some tasks required only 1 connect, but many tasks required 6 connects.

Thank you,

Apinia

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

As a freelancer or agency, you'll use Connects to Submit Proposals and let clients know you're interested in their project. You receive ten free Connects every month at the beginning of your billing cycle and bonuses for some interviews you win. We will send you a notification in Upwork (notification bell) and an email when you earn free Connects. For more information on how this works, check out our guide here.

To purchase Connects, go to Settings > Membership & Connects and click on the green 'Add More Connects' button. From there, select the amount to buy and click on the 'Buy Connects' button. Please note, that if you have sufficient funds on your Upwork balance, the charge will be applied to your Upwork balance. You can check out this help article to learn about the available Billing Methods.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

878 REPLIES 878
AHMET O Community Member

Thank you so much

Tahir A Community Member

Dawood Patras M Community Member

To get free connects on Upwork:

1. Complete your profile.
  2. Participate in Upwork events.
  3. Refer friends to Upwork.
  4. Achieve Rising Talent or Top-Rated status.
  5. Engage in freelancer initiatives.
  6. Maintain a high Job Success Score.
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Tahir,

Thank you for your message. You receive ten free Connects every month at the beginning of your billing cycle and bonuses for some interviews you win. We will send you a notification in Upwork (notification bell) and an email when you earn free Connects. For more information on how this works, check out our guide here.

- Pradeep
Bilal W Community Member

Unfortunately, there isn't a consistent method for getting free connects on
freelance platforms like Upwork. Occasionally, platforms offer sign-up
bonuses, referral programs, or special promotions. Keep an eye out for
these opportunities, but there's no guaranteed way to obtain free connects.
AHMET O Community Member

Thanks

Dawood Patras M Community Member

keep Grow Everyone 

Evgenia E Community Member

Hi, It's a new month and I haven't got any free connects. But your Support page states:

"Monthly FREE Connects

Each month, freelancers receive free Connects to help reach out to more clients."

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062898-Understanding-and-Using-Connects

Please  advise.

Evgenia

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Evgenia,

Thank you for your message. It can take up to 24-48 hours for the free Connects to get credited to your Upwork account from the start of your billing cycle. Feel free to reach us if you do not receive them after 48 hours. 

- Pradeep

Evgenia E Community Member

Thank you for your reply. Doesn't billing cycle start at the 1st of each month?

Darci I Community Member

I recently created an agency profile and it has 0 connects.  Since this is connected to my personal profile, my badges, etc. are going to that account.  How can I get connects for the agency profile?

Shipon K Community Member

To acquire connects for your agency profile, you can purchase them directly within your agency settings on Upwork. Alternatively, reach out to Upwork support to inquire about transferring connects from your personal profile to your agency. In the meantime, optimize your agency profile to attract clients while awaiting connect acquisition.

Gadar Mohamed W Community Member

Is it possible to buy connects whitout a creditcard?

Milos V Community Member

Hi Gadar, you can buy connects with your Upwork balance or Paypal.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Gadar Mohamed,

I want to confirm what Milos has shared with you. Yes, you can use PayPal or your Upwork balance to purchase Connects. To learn more about the process, please check out the following here articles:

Understanding and Using Connects

Add a billing method

Please let us know if you have other questions or need any assistance; we're here to help!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Oladeji I Community Member

Hello everyone, my client account was suspended. What should my client do? 

My bid connect too was not refunded. what do i do to get my connect refunded?

Anyone with similar experience?

Kindly share your thoughts.

Thanks. 

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Oladeji,

I took a closer look at your profile and can't find any active contracts yet. However, upon checking your archived proposals page, I see you have withdrawn one proposal. Also, you've been outbid to boost your proposal, and the Connects used were refunded. You may validate this by visiting your Connects History page.

Please be aware that we only return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Withdrawn proposals are not included. You can find more information here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Oladeji I Community Member

Thank you ArjayM for your prompt response 

Please i would like to find out why it has been hard so secure my first job even after boosting each job by bidding high. Please i would really appreciate your enlightment. 

Regards. 

Cecil I Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I bought a connect with you to apply but it keeps on recurring every month? How do I know my charges and why does it keep on reccurring every month?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Cecil,

I checked your account and saw that you were not subscribed to a membership plan. You can check your subscription here and you can view your Connects History here

We like to help freelancers succeed on Upwork and one way is by occasionally rewarding free Connects. While we can’t share all the details of when Connects are given out (we don’t want dishonest people to “game” the system), here’s what we can share:

• You’ll receive 50 free Connects within 48 hours when you create an Upwork profile for the first time
  • You’ll receive 30 free Connects if you earn a Rising Talent badge
  • You’ll receive free Connects (the number can vary) when you win an interview with an established client on Upwork. (To prevent gaming, we aren’t sharing all the details of what we consider “established.” In general, it’s a client who has hired and spent on Upwork in the past.)
  • You’ll get a one-time Connects bonus if you complete an Upwork Skill Certification

To learn more about Connects, please check this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
Fabio B Community Member

Hello,

I'm trying to buy Connects, however on the page it says "Once your profile has been approved you can buy Connects on this page."

I created my profile a few days ago and filled out the profile page in detail. However I don't see a "Submit Profile" button or anything else. How can I see if the profile is in review or if I have to submit anything? 

Thank you

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Fabio,

I checked your account and I see that you freelancer account is assigned as an Exclusive agency member. As an exclusive member of the agency, you can only use your agency membership plan. Exclusive agency members can only work on contracts under their agency and you will be unable to purchase or buy Connects on your freelancer profile. For more information please check out this help article.

- Pradeep

Raj B Community Member

Is there is facility of lending connects to other freelancer in upwork?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Raj,

Thank you for your message. Connects are non-transferable, and there is no option or feature to transfer them.

- Pradeep

Hamza T Community Member

I have a question about connects. I submitted proposals that went unanswered/viewed for several weeks. Will i get back connects I used for such proposals? Should I withdraw the proposal?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members