🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contact Outside from UpWork
Page options
abd9b218
Community Member

Contact Outside from UpWork

Can we contact our client outside of Upwork after the contract has started?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ericaandrews
Community Member

Absolute - after a contract has started.  For most of my contracts/projects, me and my clients never use Upwork again for communicating, once the contract has started, because it just doesn't serve a purpose for us.   All of my clients have required work / communications to be done through external, often secured, tools.  Phone, email, external chat/video, file share tools, Slack, teams, Skype, Zoom, etc - all of that is allowed after the contract has started.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tlsanders
Community Member

Yes, you can. I was going to link to the appropriate spot in the TOS, but they appear to be offline.

2bd7a40a
Community Member

Yes you can. Sometimes it is practical to go offline (e.g. to talk over shared file or review design together). But if you do that, make sure you record the contents of that conversation, demo or whatever you did in writing within UpWork. That way you have proof you did a certain task.

juwel121
Community Member

Yes..

After the contract has started

ericaandrews
Community Member

Absolute - after a contract has started.  For most of my contracts/projects, me and my clients never use Upwork again for communicating, once the contract has started, because it just doesn't serve a purpose for us.   All of my clients have required work / communications to be done through external, often secured, tools.  Phone, email, external chat/video, file share tools, Slack, teams, Skype, Zoom, etc - all of that is allowed after the contract has started.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members